Third edition of Coimbatore marathon to be held in October

Students can avail a discount of Rs 100 on producing a valid student ID card
Coimbatore: Coimbatore Cancer Foundation will hold the third edition of the Coimbatore Marathon on October 4, 2015. The race categories in this event are half marathon of 21.1 km besides 10 km and 5 km run or walk. The registration fee for the half marathon and 10 km events is Rs 750 and Rs 500 for the 5 km run or walk.
Students can avail a discount of Rs 100 on producing a valid student ID card. Registrations for the Coimbatore Marathon 2015 can be done online through our website, www.coimbatoremarathon.com.
Dr T. Balaji, managing trustee of Coimbatore Cancer Foundation, said, “This is a landmark year for Coimbatore Cancer Foundation as we enter our 25th year of service to cancer affected families. With the marathon, we reach out to all Coimbatoreans to promote a healthy lifestyle.”
The prize money amounting to about Rs 2.5 lakh will be presented to the winners in separate categories for men and women. The prize money for the half marathon open category will be Rs 25,000, Rs 15,000 and Rs 10,000 for the first, second and third placeholders, while for the top three places in the 10 km open category, the prize money will be Rs 15,000, Rs 10,000 and Rs 5,000.
In addition, a prize money of Rs 15,000, Rs 10,000 and Rs 10,000 will be offered to veterans aged 45 years and above for the half marathon and Rs 10,000, Rs 7,500 and Rs 5,000 for veterans aged 45 years and above in the 10 km event.
The marathon route will be fully supported by aid stations, hydration points, medical facilities, ambulance services, on-course entertainment, route markers, course marshals, finish area refreshments, etc. Timing chip will be used to keep track of the participants and provide official and personal times in half marathon and 10 km categories.