Anna University asks CBSE students to apply for engneering without marks

CBSE officials are yet announced a date for class XII results

Chennai: Keeping in mind the uncertainty about when the CBSE class XII results will be announced, Anna University has asked engineering aspirants to submit their application form leaving the marks column empty if the results are declared after May 27 and fill it later.“If students get results before May 27 they can fill their forms with marks and download the marksheet from the CBSE website after which they can submit it to us as was done last year,” Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) Secretary, Prof V. Rhymend Uthariaraj said.

Unlike in the past, this time, CBSE results have been delayed even as the state board announced its results on May 7. Meanwhile, colleges have also started distributing admission forms. Despite reassurances that the delay in results will not impact admissions, which will be on till May 29, parents and CBSE students are worried about the delay. “I tried applying for my daughter in four reputed colleges in the city but no one is ready to give an application form as they say without the results, we cannot proceed with the admission.

In some colleges, they take the quarterly results and in some other, they conduct a separate exam,” said G.A. Suryaprakash, accounts manager, and father of S. Vannesa, a CBSE student from Asan memorial higher secondary school in Nungambakkam.Like Suryaprakash many parents flet the same way as the unexpected delay has left them in a fix as they are waiting to take a decision based on the results.

“The long wait has led to a lot of confusion unlike last year where the results came at the stipulated time. This delay will affect CBSE students as state board students can start choosing the best colleges,” said a parent whose daughter, student of a school in Adyar, is awaiting her results.

School managements said CBSE authorities need to be contacted as they are the right people to be contacted and felt that the impasse may be due to administrative and technical issues. “This is a temporary problem and the delay will not be for long,” said Dr M. Manickasamy, principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya, IIT campus.

Portal www.2015cbseresultsnic.in which has a similar sounding URL of the CBSE website www.cbseresults.nic.in has further created confusion among the students by announcing that the results are likely to be declared on Thursday. Officially, CBSE has not yet announced a date.