Startups to get a boost

Singapore-based firm to commence operation in city
Visakhapatnam: With the Startup culture being aggressively promoted by the state government among the students, Singapore-based Govin Holdings will commence its operations in Vizag within two months.
Govin Holdings Founder and MD, Anand Govindluri, in February had signed MoU with the state government to fund and incubate 100 startups in the state. A portion of the Sunrise Startup Village in Madhurawada IT SEZ will be allotted to Govin.
“Govin Capital is expected to launch its operations in a couple of months. All the formalities are done and a Maker Party-Hive Pop Up, in collaboration with a couple of local IT companies, was also held last month by Govin representatives at the Startup Village. The Maker Party received very good response. Some civil works are underway at the Govin’s space,” said a senior official of IT&C department.
Students from various schools and engineering colleges attended the Maker Party organised by Govin for two days last month. Students were shown the activities of the startup village.
With the overwhelming response from the student community to the Startup Concept, MobMe technologies running the Startup Village has decided to expand. The IT&C department approved phase two of the start up village, on four acres readily available adjacent to the present Startup Village. APIIC has also received funds and approval letter from IT&C department for the construction of phase two of the startup village.
Meanwhile, IT&C department is also mulling over an idea to provide 1 GBPS internet connectivity at the Startup Village for better internet experience.
Kochi Startup Village, which is also being run by MobMe Technologies that runs Vizag facility also has the similar internet connectivity. The 1 GBPS connectivity is expected to be launched next month.