Andhra Pradesh: Baby dies after eating boiled egg

DC CORRESPONDENT
Published Mar 29, 2015, 2:14 pm IST
Updated Mar 29, 2019, 1:42 pm IST
‘We are awaiting post-mortem report to find out what went wrong’
Representational image.
 Representational image.

Rajahmundry: A toddler died while his older brother was hospitalised due to vomiting after consuming boiled eggs served at an anganwadi centre at G. Donthamuru village of Rangampeta mandal in East Godavari on Friday.

According to Rangampeta SI R. Anka Rao, one Ajay Ganesh alias Ajay Kumar, 4, and his older sister Bhavyasri, 5, take supplementary nutrition from the AWC located close to their home regularly. As usual, the duo went to the AWC on Friday morning and got their share of boiled eggs and brought them home. Their youngest two-year-old brother Bhargav Kalyan consumed the egg at about 10.30 am. After a while, both the brothers Kalyan and Ajay started to vomit.

 

They were shifted to a private hospital at Rajanagaram for medicaltreatment. Later, they were referred to government general hospital at Kakinada for further treatment. When they were being shifted to Kakinada, Kalyan breathed his last while Ajay was admitted at GGH at Kakinada. Based on a complaint from Kalyan’s mother Ambica Devi, police booked a case and an investigation is on.

East Godavari women and child welfare project director P.V.K. Lakshmi said, “As many as 15 children were served boiled eggs at AWC on Friday and except the two children, others are normal. We are awaiting post-mortem report to find out what went wrong”.

 

...
Location: Andhra Pradesh




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT