TomTom launches GPS sport watches in India
Eyeing the growing number of fitness enthusiasts in the country, tech company TomTom introduced a range of GPS-enabled sport watches in India with price starting from Rs 12,999. The range, which includes four smart watches priced between Rs 12,999 and Rs 23,499, delivers real-time information like time, distance, heart rate, pace, speed and calories burnt to runners, cyclists and swimmers.
The devices will be sold exclusively through eCommerce firm, Flipkart. "In India, there has been a strong growth in people participating in marathons. People are actively engaging in activities like running and cycling. Though there are no numbers available but we see a huge potential in India," said TomTom Senior Vice President Sales (Asia Pacific), Andrew Cooper.
The TomTom Runner Cardio has a built-in heart rate monitor to help runners measure heart rate without the need for a separate, bulky and uncomfortable chest strap, he added. With an extra-large display, full-screen graphical training tools and one-button control, the wearable makes it easy for fitness enthusiasts to access real-time information to help them achieve their goals.
"Our research shows that 95 per cent of runners consider their GPS watch to be their perfect training partner," Cooper said.
Extra large, high-resolution display
The new TomTom watches feature an extra-large, high-resolution and high-contrast display that makes it easy for runners and multi-sport enthusiasts to quickly see their distance, time and pace while they workout even in bright sunshine.
Graphical training partner
The new watches feature TomTom’s Graphical Training Partner. Easy-to-read full-screen graphics help users get the most out of their workouts. They can view their real-time performance at-a-glance with three graphical training modes:
- Race: Race against a personal best or most recent run. Quickly track performance with real-time graphics, to continue to improve run-after-run.
- Goal: Set a distance, time or calorie goal and see progress toward that goal with simple, full-screen graphics and alerts.
- Zone: Set a target for pace or heart-rate (with optional heart-rate monitor) and track progress in a simple full-screen graph throughout a workout.
The new TomTom range includes an intuitive One-Button Control that enables users to easily navigate up-down-left-right through menus to access key stats and watch features. Unlike the majority of existing GPS watches on the market that feature multiple small and hard-to-operate buttons, the one-button control is easy to operate while moving and can be easily controlled in all weather conditions and while wearing gloves.
- Indoor tracker: Accurately track indoor runs using built-in sensors to count strides, so that users can monitor pace and distance even while running on a treadmill.
- Ultra-slim design: Run with a lightweight watch crafted for runners using a sleek design, which comfortably fits all wrist sizes.
- Quick GPS fix: Get started faster by using the latest in GPS and GLONASS satellite technology to quickly find precise locations.
- Multi-platform compatibility: Sync, analyse and share stats on popular running sites and community platforms, including the TomTom MySports website, MapMyFitness, RunKeeper, TrainingPeaks and Strava.
- Super-tough display: Run with a durable, super-tough, scratch-and-impact-resistant display that remains easy-to-read, run after run.
- Weather and water-resistant: Run in all kinds of weather. Waterproof up to 165 feet / 5ATM.
- Long-lasting battery: Run more, recharge less, with up to 8 hours battery life (GPS+HR), up to 10 (GPS only)
- Bluetooth smart: Connect to sensors using the latest wireless technology.
In addition to the above features, TomTom Runner Cardio also includes: Heart Rate Zones to train in one of five intensity zones:
- Sprint: Mostly used as part of interval training
- Speed: High-tempo training to improve your speed and fitness
- Endure: Moderate to high-tempo training to improve your lung and heart capacity
- Fat-burn: Moderate tempo training, great for weight loss
- Easy: Easy tempo training, mostly used for warm-up and cool down