Clear exams to get missed degree: Bangalore University golden jubilee gift

A decision in this regard was taken at the academic council meeting of the university held on friday

Bengaluru: The Bangalore University (BU) which is celebrating its golden jubilee year has come out with a unique initiative, which is expected to help lakhs of its alumni to realise their dreams of clearing various examinations.

As per the plans, those students who were not able to complete their degree course as they failed in a few subjects can now appear for a re-exam and realise their dreams of completing the course. A decision in this regard was taken at the academic council meeting of the university held on friday.

According to university officials, till now, only those who had cleared 50% of the total subjects were allowed to re-appear for the examinations and degree students had to complete all the subjects within six years.

“Many past students had approached the courts of law seeking permission to complete the course and asked for a relaxation in the examination rules.

So, the university has decided to hold examinations for all the candidates as one-time measure. All those who were not able to complete their degree course could utilise this option,” said Mr. B Thimmegowda, Vice-Chancellor of the university.

University authorities said, if this is implemented, it is expected to help lakhs of past students who missed their university degree due to backlog subjects.

“Many were not able to complete their degrees due to various reasons. Many of them are now leading retired lives. This initiative is expected to help everyone,” informed an officer.