Facebook page slams private colleges

Narayana and Sri Chaitanya are two major corporate junior colleges in Telangana and AP

Visakhapatnam: Anger against corporate junior colleges is being expressed on social media. A Facebook page, ‘Ban Narayana and Sri Chaitanya for Good!’, has got 30,311 likes. Narayana and Sri Chaitanya are two major corporate junior colleges in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. They run coaching centres for competitive exams in other states too.

The Facebook page criticises the two corporate junior colleges while offering some advice to students who have liked the page. The page was started by K. Vamsi and V. Sumakar who were later joined by S.M.K. Vineet and Divya Sudha. Vamsi is a topper of a Hotel Management Institute, Sumakar has finished his pilot training from the United States, Sudha has joined the armed services and Vineet is a student entrepreneur.

Vineet said, “We started the page to make students aware of the loopholes in the corporate junior colleges and clear their misconceptions. The page is meant to let students know that there are many other career options other than engineering and medicine. They just need to pursue their passion.”

One of the posts on the page reads, “One gun-shot advice for all the first-year students. Hope your exams went well and by now you would have realised how weird your college is. Inter 2nd year twists your life. Pls kindly shift to a college that gives you lotsa free time at home.”

Another post in Facebook group ‘Sri Chaitanya and Nara-yana confessions’ said, “Totally hate when they go on with classes in summer... What with our results of 1st year not even out. What are they running?? A factor?”