Telangana admits delay in FAST

The guidelines are still under preparation

Hyderabad: The Telangana government on Tuesday admitted that the delay in formulating the guidelines for the FAST scheme troubled the students.

Finance minister Etela Rajender said in the Assembly that the guidelines are still under preparation.

Speaking in the Assembly on Tuesday, MIM floor leader Akbaruddin Owaisi said he had received a message on Monday that a female student was made to kneel in her college premises for not paying the prescribed fee.

“There is no clarity on the pre and post-matric scholarships. Students are being harassed by their colleges,” said Mr Owaisi said.

Replying to his query, finance minister Etela Rajender said, “There has been some delay in formulating the guidelines for the FAST scheme and the students are facing some trouble. But, we will take steps.”

Utter confusion is prevailing among students with colleges again asking students to submit fresh certificates issued by the government for fee reimbursement.

BJP floor leader Dr K Laxman also asked him as to when the proposed all party meet would be convened. “Only four days of Assembly are left and Chief Minister had said an all party meet on higher education and BC Commission constitution.

When will it be convened?” he questioned Rajender. The Finance Minister replied that it would be convened soon.

Owaisi also said that he has filed a dissent note over the lack of any information related to Wakf lands in the DLF and My Home Constructions land allotments note files that the government had placed in the House.