Mexico City: The son of Mexico and Real Madrid football legend Hugo Sanchez was found dead from apparent gas poisoning on Saturday along with another man in a Mexico City apartment.
The body of 30-year-old Hugo Sanchez Portugal was found by his wife when she arrived in the apartment in the morning, Mexico City public security chief Jesus Rodriguez Almeida said.
"Everything indicates that the death was due to hydrocarbon intoxication, but this must be corroborated by an autopsy," the city prosecutor's office said in a statement.
Investigators did not see any signs of struggle, it said. Sanchez Portugal was lying in the living room while the other 35-year-old man, who was not identified, was found in the bathroom.
His famous father arrived in Mexico City from the California city of San Diego after being told about the death, local media said.
A mobile crime lab of the prosecutor's office was parked in front of his son's building located on a busy street of the upper-class Polanco neighborhood.
Sanchez Portugal was born in Madrid to the football player and his first wife.
He had been sports director of the Miguel Hidalgo borough since October 2012, which includes Polanco.
Sanchez Portugal played forward for Mexican clubs Pumas and Potros de Atlante and also worked as a television sports commentator....