Bengaluru: A 26-year-old gas stove mechanic died on the spot while another was injured in an explosion caused due to LPG cylinder leakage in a shop located in Rajendra Nagar in Adugodi police station limits on Sunday.
The deceased has been identified as Abdul Rahman, a resident of Neelasandra, while the injured customer has been identified as Abhay. He has received 40 percent burns and he is being treated in the private hospital, said police.
According to the police, the incident occurred at NS gas stove repair centre which belonged to Nasir while Rahman was working as a mechanic there. At around 6.30 pm, Abhay came to the shop to get the gas stove repaired.
When Abdul was working the LPG gas from the cylinder leaked and this caused an explosion. Abdul who sustained serious injuries in his head and face died at the spot. Abhay sustained burn injuries on his hand and was rushed to a nearby private hospital where he is undergoing treatment and is said to be out of danger.
The shop was gutted due to the impact of the blast. The police said, the owner had kept the cylinder in the shop to test after the stoves are repaired.
The Adugodi police have registered a case of death due to negligence against the shop owner Nasir and are on the lookout for him....