Special educational loan camp to be held in Ooty

Administration, in coordination with various banks, will be holding this special education loan camp
Ooty: A special education loan camp will be held here on September 24 to help students pursuing higher education. Nilgiris collecotr, Dr P. Sankar, who is also chairman of the district-level consultative committee on banking development in the district, said the administration, in coordination with various banks, will be holding this special education loan camp on September 24 at HADP hall here between 10 am and 4 pm.
“Representatives from all leading banks in the district will take part in the camp and provide information to students on educational loans provided by them. They will also receive applications to avail of educational loans from interested students,” he added.
As per the prescribed norms for the distribution of educational loans, applications will be perused by the banks to decide on merit. Students pursuing professional courses such as engineering, medicine, agriculture and law and those doing B.A., B.Sc. and B.Com, courses and postgraduation courses in various subjects, are eligible to take part in the camp.
Participants in need of a educational loan should bring their SSLC, plus-two, and degree mark lists, college admission cards, income certificates of parents and details of college fees, Dr Sankar stated.