Rajasthan: No telecast of PM's live speech in Madrasas

Institutes not equipped for live telecast of PM speech

Bundi, Rajasthan: Students of over 50 government-run and aided Madrasas in the district will not be able to watch live telecast of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech on Thursday as there is no official communication from district authorities and also it is a weekly holiday in the institutions.

Arrangements have been made for live telecast in 261 secondary and senior secondary government schools of the district but the 53 Madrasas have been kept out of it.

"There are 53 government-run and -aided Madrasas in the district but we have not received any orders for making arrangements of live telecast of PM's speech in them," said Nawab Ali Naqvi, District Minority Welfare Officer.

Principal of Madrasa Hanfiya Isslahul Musslamen senior secondary, Abdul Rahaman said "the officials of Madrasa have not received any order or direction from district administration to make arrangement for the live telecast of PM Modi's speech for the students on Teachers' Day."

He said there are about 500 girls and boys studying in the Madrasa, but as there was no official communication to make the arrangements, "we have asked our students to listen to it at their homes."

Assistant District Project Coordinator (ADPC) of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Satish Joshi, who has been made nodal officer for live telecast of PM's speech said "arrangements for the students to listen to speech have been made in 261 secondary and senior secondary schools of the district between 2.30 pm and 5 pm."

Those government schools, which don't have any audio or visual equipment for live telecast can hire them from market on SSA budget, Joshi added.

When asked about why no arrangement was made for live telecast of PM's speech in Madrasas, Joshi said "there is no direction in the government order for making arrangements for the students in Madrasas to listen to the live speech of PM."

But he further added since the Madrasas also receive government grant "we have verbally asked Madrasa authorities to make arrangements for PM's live telecast for their students."

( Source : PTI )