Meet Parineeti Chopra, the foodie!

The actress talks about Daawat E Ishq, her love for food and that dream man
Mumbai: After acting in Daawat E Ishq, Parineeti is all gaga over the Dakhni language.
“I know Dakhni now. I am confident and can converse easily. It’s not too difficult. We did workshops for a few days. Nagesh Kukunoor’s friend Elahi Heptoolah coached me. I could say the dialogues easily but not in a sing-song way. She trained me perfectly by making me say the dialogues like they speak in Hyderabad.”
Talking about the film she adds, “It used to be crazy shooting the food scenes. Apart from breakfast, lunch and dinner, we had to have food on the sets and we were constantly eating. There were so many retakes and we would end up eating the whole day… I am a foodie but then we can’t just go on hogging.”
She adds, “Daawat E Ishq is all about being a good host and entertaining people with food as well as other thing, but I don’t like cooking. I don’t have the patience for it. I want things fast. When I reach home I want the food to be ready.”
“I am a foodie and the film is all about how we bond over food. He’s from Lucknow and I am from Hyderabad and it is about how we fall in love. It’s a cool subject and is a sweet, happy film. It also has an undertone of dowry.”
With Teachers’ Day coming up, she shares experiences from back in school.
“Teacher’s Day was like a big holiday for us students. We would start making arrangements for the day from almost a month. As the head girl and part of the auditioning team for the cultural event, I took all efforts to see that the programme was liked by all our teachers. We used to do a two-hour show where students would write a play and would perform. The students would also take the extra effort to cook for our teachers. They teachers would do the same for us on children’s day. My music teacher Ms Nidhi Narang is my guruji and I would like to talk about her on Teachers’ Day. I was
her first student who started paying her fees.”
Asked about dating and her dream man, she says, “I need a strong man to fall in love with. I have never been on a romantic date. If I fall in love I may love to go on a date but I don’t miss it. Emotionally, I am very different person and I will date a person only if I fall in love. I want a guy who is sensible, mature and I don’t care if he is 20 years older to me.”