Traffic curbs for marathon today
Traffic arrangements in view of the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon on Sunday
Hyderabad:In view of the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon on Sunday, police has imposed the following traffic restrictions at various places between 4.30 am and 11am. The marathon will start at Necklace road and will end at Gachibowli.
- Traffic from Telugu Talli will be diverted at the Helipad Lane towards Mint-Khairatabad.
- Vehicles from Iqbal Minar going towards Upper Tank Bund will be diverted on Telugu Talli at the Secretariat Old Gate Secretariat.
- Vehicles from Liberty going towards Upper Tank Bund will be diverted at the GHMC office towards BRKR Bhavan, Telugu Talli and Iqbal Minar U-turn.
- At Karbala Maidan, commuters are advised to take a diversion towards Bible House and Kawadiguda crossroad towards Lower Tank Bund. At Kawadiguda crossroads, vehicular traffic will not be allowed towards the sailing club, and at DBR Mills, traffic will not be allowed towards Children’s Park.
- Traffic from Karbala Maidan towards Upper Tank Bund will be allowed only up to the sailing club.
- Traffic from Ministers’ Road and Ranigunj will not be allowed towards Necklace road and be diverted at the Nallagutta junction towards Ranigunj, while vehicles from Ranigunj will be diverted towards Ministers’ Road
- Vehicular traffic from V.V. statue towards the Khairatabad flyover and Necklace rotary will be diverted towards Shadan and Nirankari Bhavan. When the marathon reaches the Necklace rotary, traffic from Begumpet going towards Raj Bhavan will be diverted at Greenlands towards Ameerept, till the marathon crosses the KBR Park junction.
- When it reaches Panjagutta flyover, the traffic from Panjagutta towards Road No.2, Banjara Hills, will be diverted towards Road No.1, Banjara Hills, till the marathon crosses the KBR park junction.
- Once the runners reach the Sagar Society junction, traffic from Orissa Island will not be allowed towards Jubilee Hills check-post and the traffic from Road No. 10, Banjara Hills will be diverted at Cancer Hospital towards Orissa Island.
- No traffic will not be allowed towards Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills, once the marathon crosses the Jubilee Hills check-post and moves towards Madhapur
- Traffic from Venkata-giri T-junction and KBR Park will be diverted towards Road No. 2, Banjara Hills and will be allowed to take a U-turn towards Chiranjeevi Blood Bank. When marathon reaches Hyderabad Gymkhana Club, vehicles from Filmnagar towards Jubilee Hills check-post will be diverted towards the Arts Gallery. When the marathon reaches Peddamma temple junction, vehicles from Road No. 10, Jubilee Hills, will also be diverted.
- Traffic coming from Road No. 45 Jubillee Hills will be diverted towards HMDA, Durgam Cheru-vu, Mind Space rotary, NCB, ORR via Gachibo-wli-Khajaguda-Nanakra-mguda rotary-ORR.
- Vehicles from JNTU must take the free left towards VR Nagar, Ayyappa Society. They will not be allowed towards TCS, Mind Space and NCB and be diverted towards Kothaguda. Meanwhile, traffic at Cyber Gateway will proceed via CII.
- Vehicles from Khajagu-da will not be allowed towards Mind Space, Cyber Towers. They must go towards Gachibowli, Kothaguda and then Cyber Towers.
- Traffic from Kothaguda will not be allowed towards NCB. Vehicles will be diverted towards Khajaguda via ORR, Nanakramguda rotary service road and Khajaguda.
- Similarly, traffic from IIIT will must a turn at Gachibowli and go towards Khajaguda via ORR, Nanakramguda rotary service road and Khajaguda. Traffic from IIIT must take the free left and go to Kothaguda, Hitex and Cyber Towers.
- Vehicular traffic from ORR must take a left turn at Gachibowli and go towards the Old Bombay Road via Indiranagar, IIIT junction, Gachibowli Stadium, HCU, BHEL. Vehicles going towards NCB will have to take a ‘U’ turn at Gachibowli and go to Khajaguda via ORR, Nanakramguda
- Traffic coming from BHEL Lingampally will also be diverted to Botani-cal Garden via Masjid Banda, near HCU Gate 2.
- Vehicle from Lingampa-lly going towards Wipro will have to go up to Gachibowli and take a right turn to ORR service road via Nanakramguda. They will not be allowed to take right turn at IIIT.
- Similarly, traffic from ICICI Bank will not be allowed towards IIIT. They have to take the free left and go to Gowlidoddi. They must take a ‘U’ turn to go to Gachibowli. Traffic from Gopanpally will not be allowed towards Wipro. Cars must take a right turn at the Kothapeta road.
( Source : dc correspondent )