Students still waiting for NTR University to hold entrance exam

NTRUHS has said the delay in issuing the notification has been due to a technical glitch

Hyderabad: It is not just engineering and medical graduate students who are suffering due to the causing delay in counselling. The NTR University of Health Sciences (NTRUHS) is yet to conduct the entrance exam to the super-speciality courses for admissions to colleges like Osmania, Gandhi, Andhra Medical College and others in the two states. Institutions like the Nims and SVIMS had conducted their independent entrance exams last month. NTRUHS is yet to even issue a notification.

NTRUHS has said the delay in issuing the notification has been due to a technical glitch as the varsity wants to conduct an online exam from this year.
Students say that this has jeopardised their academic year since the session would begin late. With rural counselling also expected to be around the same time, they are in a dilemma. Mandatory rural service is supposed to be completed within 18 months of completion of MD course.

Rural service has to be completed within 18 months of the completion of the MD course or be started immediately after the completion of the DM or MCH course.

“There is a minor technical glitch in the exams. But everything is ready and notification will be issued this week,” a senior official said. Students, however, say that this has put their academic year in jeopardy since the session would begin late. And with rural counselling also expected to being around the same time, students will be in a dilemma.

Rural service has to be completed within 18 months of the completion of the MD course or be started immediately after the completion of the DM or MCH course. “NTRUHS is really great they even notification hasn’t been issued yet. Every week they notification will be out on Saturday or Monday,” a MD student pass-out said.