NIIT tips to pick right college, stream

Experts share ready-reckoner to evaluate institutions

Hyderabad: NIIT university on Saturday organised a seminar on ‘How to choose your engineering discipline and college.’ The seminar provided aspiring engineering students tips and tricks to choose the best college and discipline suited to their academic record. Deccan Chronicle was the media partner of the event.

Experts said that while most students follow the ‘herd’ mentality in choosing their engineering colleges and branches, there are several aspects that need to be considered to extract maximum out of their records.

Hundreds of students in the city turned up at the event to seek guidance from the experts. The seminar had two sessions, one focussing on tips to choose the college and other on how to choose an engineering branch.

Pradeep Narayanan, managing director, Admizzionz Campuz, spoke about the various do’s and don’ts to be considered before going into the actual counselling session and choosing their potential career option.

In his speech during the first session, Mr Narayanan also simplified the decision-making process for young admission seekers by providing a ready-reckoner for evaluating colleges and other key aspects before finally seeking admission. The guide can be used by students during counselling as well to evaluate their options before zeroing in on the right college and stream.

The second session was held also on Saturday wherein Dr Sunil Khanna, vice- president, NIIT University, shared tips on how to select a branch of engineering.

Dr Khanna emphasised on the importance of various branches of engineering and also explained how is it important to consider certain factors before deciding what stream was suitable to a student.
With the priorities of students and industries changing by the day, Dr Khanna also highlighted the key factors of all engineering streams and how one must not only consider career potential, but also individual interests before finally zeroing down on a stream. Hundreds of students interacted with the two experts.