Mumbai: Have you observed the Crucifix of Jesus Christ keenly? Just on the head of the cross there was even a template which included the the Latin word ‘I.N.R.I’
Written by Pontius, Roman Empire , the literal meaning of ‘I.N.R.I’ is ‘Iesvs Nazarenvs Rex Ivdaeorvm’. When translated in English, it means ‘ Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews'.
According to historical records, ‘These above words were also later written in Hebrew, Latin and Greek.’ In Hebrew, it is written as ‘Yeshua Ha'Nazarei W'Melech Ha'Yehudim’
The seven words spoken by Jesus on the day of crucifixion are as follows:
1. Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
2. Amen, I say to thee, today thou shalt be with me in Paradise
3. Woman, behold thy son. Behold thy mother
4. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
5. I thirst
6. It is consummated
7. Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit