Top

Chandrababu Naidu puts off releasing Telugu Desam list

Releasae of first list was delayed in an attempt to stitch alliance with BJP

Hyderabad: Telugu Desam president N. Chandrababu Naidu held back release of first list of party candidates Friday, following a last minute attempt to stitch alliance with BJP. The release of first list was postponed to Saturday following talks with the BJP leaders, it is reliably learnt.

“BJP, NDA leaders will be arriving in city to meet Mr Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday on the alliance issue. Hence the release of first list of candidates have been put off to Saturday.” Mr LVSRK Prasad, Chariman TD Media committee told this newspaper late on Friday night.

Both the TDP and BJP have failed to reach an understanding over seat sharing so far with both sides not wanting to compromise on the number of seats and constituencies it wants to contest.

Telangana BJP president G. Kishan Reddy said talks on seat sharing with TD were still on and a result was expected in a day or two since the party has to prepare manifesto. “Talks on seat sharing in Seemandhra are on now. Once that is completed we will take up Telangana seats. So far 30 Assembly constituencies have been okayed and 20 more have to be sorted out. There should be amicable settlement,” he added.

Both the TD and BJP leaders are upset over some of the seats going to other party, including sitting seats.

Pressure is also mounting on Mr. Naidu to not give away sitting Assembly and Lok Sabha seats to BJP.

While BJP aspirants especially in Telangana are averse to seat sharing since it will deprive them of tickets.

Next Story