Deccan Chronicle

Bal Bhavan may house Andhra Pradesh Assembly

Deccan Chronicle| kruthi gonwar |

Published on: April 2, 2014 | Updated on: Invalid date

Officials inspect Bhavan; director says no plans for AP House

Jawahar Bal Bhavan was established in 1960

Jawahar Bal Bhavan was established in 1960

Hyderabad: Proposals to allot space for the Andhra Assembly in the brand new state of Telangana, is proving to be a serious cause of concern to Jawahar Bal Bhavan (JBB), Health Museum, Archaeology museum and Indira Priyadarshini Auditorium all of which have been inspected for the purpose.

The 54-year-old centre of learning for children, Jawahar Bal Bhavan, sees 3,000 children enrolling for summer camps every year apart from the year-long activities. Sources from the Women and child welfare department said that JBB premises were already inspected by officials and reports have been submitted to the Governor.

"The officials from IG Intelligence have inspected the JBB building, Health Museum, Archaeology Museum and also the Indira Priyadarshini Auditorium. A committee consisting of the Governor, Chief Secretary, principal secretary, school education department, director of JBB and chief engineers from the roads and buildings department have been planning on allocating the following for the Andhra Assembly." said an official of the department.  

P. Sandhya, director, JBB denied this and informed about a different plan altogether.

"There is no such intimation. Many officials have been inspecting the site and now there is a proposal to set up both the directorates of Telangana and Andhra in the same building. We want to use the same space," she said.

Even the principal secretary, school education, Poonam Malkondaiah denied any such plan.

"With the bifurcation process in place, a lot of buildings and staff will be divided between two regions. For now we are planning to have both directorates in the same building. The JBB is for  children and we have not made any such plans. And for any plan to be made, a committee has to be there and then the Roads and Buildings department also has to be consulted."

About The Author
Latest News
Most Popular