London: Still struggling to lose weight quickly but not ready to slash all the calories from your diet? Solution: Tweaking your lifestyle particularly your diet can do wonders to your body.
According to Fox News, small tweaks can definitely pay off over time.
- Stick to salads: Salads topped with low-fat mozzarella and low-calorie Italian dressing instead of high-fat alternatives has fewer calories.
- First the dip, then the greens: Dip your fork into the dip before stabbing it in your greens. That could definitely cut hundreds of calories.
- Order two appetizers: Instead of a whole meal like a hamburger with chips, ordering a pasta dish and salad or soup from the appetizer column helps cut down calories.
- Walk and talk: Talking on the phone and walking simultaneously even for 10 minutes, helps lose a few pounds atleast.
- Coffee Calories: The fancy concoctions can contain more calories than one can imagine. So, it’s definitely a no.
- Get nutty: As per a Harvard University study, mixed nuts have lesser calories than high-fat snacks or a bag of crisps.
- Please stand up: On an average, a person burns 100 calories per hour sitting and 140 per hour standing. So, get on your feet to shed a few pounds.
- Protein power: High protein food and a low-carb diet helps preserve muscle tissue and has no or little fat.
- Drink plenty of water: There is no limit to water consumption. Keeping hydrated helps you stay satiated.
- Brush your teeth after every meal: Not only does it help fight cavities, it also signals you to stop eating.
So, wait no further. It's time to get trim....