Crime file: Teacher makes student pregnant; 65-yr-old molests minor and more

Crime file: Teacher makes student pregnant; 65-yr-old molests minor and more.

Teacher makes student pregnant

Buttaigudem: A physical education trainer at a tribal welfare residential school in Nuthiramannapalem, West Godavari, was arrested on Tuesday. He has been accused of sexually assaulting a Class X Dalit girl and making her pregnant.

According to the police, the teacher, Kunja Somaraju, had been harassing the girl from Achiyyapalem Colony since July.

He allegedly raped the girl in August and continued sexually harassing her.

During a regular medical check-up in the school on January 11, it was found that the girl was pregnant.

The officers submitted the girl’s medical report to the school head, who in turn called the girl’s parents and informed them about the situation.

The girl’s parents sought the advice of the village elders. After ascertaining the identity of the culprit, the villagers tried to work out a settlement.

However, when the news was published in the media, the teacher went absconding.

Authorities from the tribal welfare department rushed to the school to inquire about the issue.

Based on a complaint lodged by the victim, a case was booked under relevant Sections of IPC and under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act.

Student organisations staged a rasta roko, seeking action against the culprit.

Next: 65-yr-old molests minor

65-yr-old molests minor

Madanapalle: A seven-year-old girl was molested near her school by a 65-year-old man named Muskin at Babu Colony here on Tuesday.

According to police, the girl’s relatives noticed the girl coming home with chocolates and some money in the last few days and had grown suspicious.

On questioning, the girl said that an “uncle” gave her chocolates and money on a daily basis. She said that he used to kiss her and touch her.

The relatives decided to find out who the man was. They sent the girl to school as usual. Muskin arrived as usual and took the girl to a secluded spot.

The family members caught the man red-handed and beat him up before handing him over to police.

According to the girl's maternal aunt, Muskin had been molesting the girl for the last few days.

The girl's parents had died in a road accident a few years back and the girl has been living with her maternal aunt at Babu colony in Neeruguttavaripalle.

Madanapalle police have registered a case and shifted the girl to the Madanapalle government hospital for examination.

Next: Dhaba staff lured with biryani, raped

Dhaba staff lured with biryani, raped

Hyderabad: A female employee in a dhaba was allegedly raped by her co-worker at Malkajgiri on Tuesday night.

The 26-year-old woman, who is a resident of Medak, approached the police alleging that she was raped and later was even threatened by the accused.

The police has booked a case against the accused, Shiva, 32, a native of Odisha, for rape.

The incident occurred at Mohan Dhaba at Anand Bagh crossroads in Malkajgiri. As per the victim’s complaint, on Monday night after 11 pm, Shiva called her saying that there was some leftover biryani, which she could take home.

“The victim, who lives next to the dhaba, came back to take the biryani. However, Shiva overpowered her and sexually assaulted her,” said Ashok Kumar, detective inspector of Malkajgiri police station.

The owner of the restaurant and other workers had already left when the incident happened.

Police said that the accused had planned to trap the victim by offering her leftover biryani.

The victim came to the city three months ago from her native place and has been working at the dhaba and staying in a nearby building.

Police is verifying if the accused had harassed the woman in the past.

The police has booked a case under Section 376 of IPC, with Criminal Amendment Act, 2013.

A manhunt has been launched to trace the absconding accused.

Next: Man killed as public watches

Man killed as public watches

Hyderabad: A 26-year-old man was beaten to death at Mir Alam Mandi in full public view on Tuesday night. The victim, Md. Nadeem, a chicken shop owner, had picked up a fight with the accused people when they were playing cricket.

More than five people came to the victim’s shop at around 7.30 pm and attacked him with sharp weapons and blunt sticks. Nadeem sustained serious injuries and died on the spot.

Mirchowk ACP S. Gangadhar said when the accused people were playing cricket during the day, near the chicken shop, the ball had gone inside the shop. This led to a fight between Nadeem and the accused. The police has identified four accused people and has launched a manhunt.

Meanwhile, sources said that it was political rivalry between two parties. The accused are close relatives of a local leader Yasin Pehlwan.

Next: Abducted woman escapes rape bid

Abducted woman escapes rape bid

Hyderabad: A 45-year-old woman, who was kidnapped in an autorickshaw on Monday night, had a providential escape. Two men allegedly kidnapped the woman after she got into the vehicle at Rajendranagar to go to her house in NM Guda. When Shaik Asif, 30, tried to molest her, she cried out for help.

Police said that the main accused, Shaik Asif, who is a resident of Rajendranagar, was involved in a rape case in 2010, which is now under trial.

The second accused, Syed Mustafa, 30, who is a resident of Jalababnagar, was driving the autorickshaw.

The woman said she had been visiting her daughter in Mehdipatnam and had alighted at Hyderguda, near Attapur at 10 pm, and was searching for an autorickshaw to take her home. She got into the auto rickshaw with the two men thinking it was a share auto.

“When the vehicle started moving, the accused started touching and misbehaving with the woman. When she started shouting, he covered her mouth with his hand. He also bit her on the shoulder,” said inspector Kushalakar of the Rajendranagar police.

Luckily, the victim saw an acquaintance on the road, and shouted for help. He chased the autorickshaw and stopped it with the help of locals.

The two men were beaten up by the local people, who later handed them over to the police. The offenders were produced in court and have been sent to judicial remand.

Next: Three held for woman’s murder

Three held for woman’s murder

Bangalore: The Kamakshipalya police have arrested three flowerpot vendors for allegedly killing a 57-year-old wo­man who was alone at her home in Telecom Layout near Sunkadakatte on Jan­u­ary 4. The arrests were ma­de on Monday.

The accused have been identified as C. Maha­ling­appa (25), B. Venkatesh (30) and B. Krishna (45) of Kanak­apura in Ramnagar district.

Police said that the accused would approach residents of upcoming layouts in Hul­imavu, J.P. Nagar, Bana­shankari, Jn­anab­harathi, Ann­apurn­eshwa­­­rinagar, Sunk­ada­katte under the guise of selling flo­w­e­rpots. The police said that they would take mon­ey as advance from the victims. However, they would escape wit­hout delive­­­ring the flower pots.

They had even appro­ached the Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI)’s wife and had taken Rs 5,000 as advan­ce from her. The ASI, Manjunath, who is posted in Jnanabharathi police station, resides in Banas­ha­nkari III stage.

After the murder, ASI Manjunath’s wife, who had saved one of the accused’s number, passed it on to the West division police. The police subsequently traced the accused to Ramanagar and arrested them.

Revathi, the wife of a retired bank official, who currently works as a manager in the finance and accounts department of Byappanahalli Metro station, was alone at home when the accused went to her house.

The incident came to light when Ravethi’s dom­estic help Laksh­mamma went around to the house at 11.15 am. The main door of the house was ajar and she found Revathi lying dead on the steps leading to the first floor.

They accused had strangulated her using a dhoti. They had escaped with gold and other valuables worth around Rs 1.5 lakh which has been recovered by the police.

Next: 3 injured in country bomb explosion near Aranthangi

3 injured in country bomb explosion near Aranthangi

Pudukottai: Three persons were injured when a gang hurled country bo­mbs at the residents of K. Pudupatti vill­age, near Arant­ha­n­gi, on Tuesday. The po­lice have taken in­to custody 33 persons in this connection.

Sources said local DMK functionary and former president of K. Pudupatti villa­ge panchayat, Ku­mar, was fatally attacked by an armed gang at K Pudupatti on Ma­r­ch 31, 2013 due to a feud.

The police arrested eight persons- Gana­pa­thi and his associates Karthi, Mu­rugan, Ilayaraja, Su­resh, Vadivel, Selvam and Sathaiah. They we­re lodged in the Tir­uchy central pri­son.

The murder ac­cu­­sed, however, ca­me out on bail. The re­v­en­ue divisional officer had reportedly ba­­n­ned their entry in­to the village follo­wing peace talks held recently.

Trouble began w­h­en the murder acc­us­ed attempted to enter the village on Tues­d­ay in violation of the ban order. Irate relatives of Kumar and some local residents objected to the­ir en­try and pelted stones at them. In retalilati­on, the gangsters hu­rled country bombs.

Next: Cab driver held for neighbour’s murder

Cab driver held for neighbour’s murderv

Bangalore: Petty misunderstandings bet­ween the families of two tenants led to the death of a 45-year-old wo­man near Sunkad­akatte in Kama­kshi­palya police li­m­its. The murder has been solved with the arrest of the accused cab driver.

The deceased, Sarojamma, in Kama­kshipalya, was stabbed to death by Ganesh (38), who lived with his family in the same building.

On Saturday, both families had an argument over a petty issue. The landlord is said to have intervened and asked Ganesh to leave.

While his family was preparing to leave, Saroj­am­ma passed some spiteful co­m­ments. At around 3.15 pm, G­an­­esh stabbed her neck rep­­­­eatedly.

Her daughter, Shr­uthi, who saw her mother fall, rushed outside to stop Ganesh, but he allegedly stabbed her before fleeing.