3 AP students bell the CAT

Boys score 100 percentile in the Common Admission Test-2013, choose best IIMs.

Hyderabad: Three students from the state scored a perfect 100 percentile in the Common Admission Test-2013 (CAT), the results of which were announced on Tuesday.

Admissions to prestigious Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other prominent business schools across the country are given based on CAT scores.

Eight students got 100 percentile — three from AP, three from Mumbai and one each from Delhi and Chennai.

All eight are male and from an engineering background and six are from IITs.

The three toppers from AP are Krishna Pillutla, Imaneni Kumar Karthik and Siva Surya Teja.

Krishna Pillutla, a resident of Trimulgherry in Secunderabad, is a final year computer science student of IIT-Bombay. He plans to take admission in IIM-Ahmedabad.

“I am ple-asantly surprised to have scored 100 percentile. I am yet to decide on which IIM to opt for though my first preference is IIM-Ahmed-abad,” Krishna said.

Kakinada boy aims at IIM-Ahmedabad

Hyderabad: Siva Surya Teja, 24, who scored a perfect 100 percentile in the Common Admission Test-2013, is from Samalkot near Kakinada.

He is an engineering graduate from JNTU Anantapur and has been working with Infosys in Hyderabad for two-and-a-half years. This was his fourth attempt at the exam.

“My first attempt was only to understand the exam. Later, I scored 99 and 96 per cent in the second and third attempts. Though I was confident of getting 99.99 per cent this time, I never thought I would score the perfect 100. My dream is to study in IIM-Ahmedabad. Though I got calls from other IIMs earlier, I chose to stay away with the aim of securing a seat in top IIMs like Ahmedabad, Bangalore or Kolkata,” said Teja.

The other topper, Imaneni Kumar Karthik, 22, from Vijayawada, completed his B. Tech and M. Tech (dual degree) from IIT Kharagpur. For the past six months, he has been working with Oracle in Hyderabad.

“I got 99.35 per cent in CAT 2012. I knew a better score was possible this time. The roadblock was the verbal section where I managed only 85.5 per cent last year. This time, I focused only on the verbal section. I read a lot of books and newspapers for this. My dream is to take admission in one of the top IIMs,” Karthik said.