Crime file: School bus driver sexually assaults 2-yr-old girl; boy held for uploading Mohanlal film online and more

Crime file: 'Driver uncle' should be beaten up, says molested kid; teen held for uploading film online, and more.

Boy held for uploading Mohanlal film Drishyam online

Kottarakkara(Kerala): A youngster who allegedly uploaded ‘Drishyam’ on the Internet was arrested by the anti-piracy cell here and released on bail.

The 17-year-old boy had made a website of his own and uploaded the movie which is in violation of the Copyright Act and is punishable under the Information Technology Act of 2000, said the Kottarakkara police.

A case against the boy was registered under the IT Act for piracy and copyright breaches.

“The boy, after uploading the movie, invited his friends and others to watch it. The producer of the movie, Antony Perumbavoor of Aashirvaad Movies, lodged a complaint with the police and the DGP, and we along with the anti-piracy cell arrested the boy,” said R. Vijayan, CI of Kottarakkara police.

Manoharan, manager, Aashirvaad Movies, said, “Many people in the U.S., who watched the movie on the Internet, informed us. Police should take stringent action against the perpetrators.”

The anti-piracy cell of the cyber police blocked the site and has started investigation.

Next: Youth beheads aunt for 'witchcraft', surrenders before police

Youth beheads aunt for 'witchcraft', surrenders before police

Sidhi (MP): A youth allegedly beheaded his 62-year-old aunt whom he suspected was practising witchcraft against his family, police said on Saturday.

The accused murdered her yesterday and appeared before the police with the victim's head today, they said.

Harishanker Singh Gond (35) of Pand village suspected his aunt Meeravati Gond had been harassing his family since long through witchcraft, Majhauli police Station in-charge L N Jharia told reporters.

Disturbed over the issue, Harishankar took her to a secluded place here and beheaded her with a sharp weapon. He surrendered before the Majhauli police and admitted his crime. The victim's torso was later recovered and sent for post-mortem. Cases were registered against Harishankar.

Next: 2-yr-old girl sexually assaulted by schol bus driver

2-yr-old girl sexually assaulted by schol bus driver

Bangalore: A 30-month-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by the driver of her school van on Tuesday, the HSR Layout police, who are investigating the case, have learnt.

The police found that the driver sexually abused the girl while dropping her back home in Devarabisanahalli.

School authorities said a woman attendant is always present on the bus. Police are investigating could have taken place in her presence.

The driver, Srinivas alias Seena (26), was arrested on Thursday. The school recruited him seven months ago.

The victim was going to the daycare centre on Sarjapura Main Road. Her father, a chartered accountant, works in Mumbai and comes to the city once in few days.

The victim was staying with her mother, who is a working woman. On Tuesday, when the girl returned home, her mother found the child’s underwear in the schoolbag.

Her mother presumed that the child might have kept it in the bag after attending the nature’s call.

But the next day, the child developed pain and started conversing something which her mother could not understand initially.

Later the child revealed that the 'driver uncle' was not a nice man and had to be beaten up.

The mother suspected a possible sexual assault and reported the matter to the police, who arrested the driver and subjected him to medical tests.

Next: Thane couple arrested for trying to sell woman

Thane couple arrested for trying to sell woman

Thane: A couple has been arrested here for allegedly abducting and trying to sell a 32-year-old local woman to a family in Gujarat, police said on Saturday.

Thane district rural police arrested the duo - Ajay Kumar Gupta (28) and Priya Vinod Bansode (30) - both residents of Palghar, on Friday.

According to API Walmik Patil of the Palghar police station, the couple forcibly took the victim from Palghar to Navsari on the pretext of getting her some domestic work but handed her over to some persons and returned. They promised her that she would earn wages between Rs 10,000-12,000 per month for domestic work.

However, the woman learnt that she was sold off to the family in Narora for Rs 1.30 lakh and they were planning to get her married to some person in the locality.

Following this, she managed to escape and filed a police complaint after which offences under various sections of the IPC were registered against the duo, who were subsequently arrested.

Since the complainant was not in a position to give specific details or names of persons to whom she was sold off, a police team is likely to visit Gujarat where she was taken to probe as to who all were party to the crime, the officer said.

The arrested were produced in a local court yesterday which remanded them into police custody till Friday. The police will now probe if the arrested were engaged in trafficking of women.

Next: Bihar girl rescued after being confined and gang raped in Gujarat

Bihar girl rescued after being confined and gang raped in Gujarat

Samastipur (Bihar): A girl from Bihar allegedly lured on the pretext of marriage and gang raped after being kept confined in a house in Gujarat, was rescued when she managed to send word of her ordeal through a vegetable seller there, police said on Saturday.

The girl was rescued from a house in Gandhidham in Gujarat and brought home to Rosera in Samastipur district on January 9, Officer in-charge of Rosera police station Balkrishna Yadav said.

On return to her home, the 18 year old girl filed a complaint in the Rosera court alleging that two youths of a neighbouring village in Samastipur district had duped her and taken her to Gandhidham in Gujarat on December 9 where she was kept in a house and gang raped several times.

When she got a chance to venture out of the confinement there she requested a vegetable seller to telephone her father about her ordeal, the OC said adding her father went to Gujarat and got her freed with the help of police.

The girl was duped by a youth Rahul Singh and his friend identified as Murari Singh on the pretext that her father had met with an accident, sources said.

The girl accompanied them in a vehicle where she was given some sedative. Later, she found herself in Gandhidham in Gujarat where the two youths were working and kept her in a house and gang raped her several times, the OC said.

The youths have gone missing and search was on for them, the OC added.

The OC had earlier said the girl from Gujrat was rescued from a house on January 9 from Raniparti village after being brought there on Decmeber 9.

Next: Girl student sexually harassed in Assam University

Girl student sexually harassed in Assam University

Karimganj: The allegation by a girl student of Assam University's Social Work Department that she was sexually harassed and stalked by a fellow student has been taken up by a local court here.

The court of chief judicial magistrate, Silchar accepted the case under section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 354-A (sexual harassment) 354-D (stalking) of the IPC yesterday after the victim's father filed a petition.

The complainant's lawyer Anup Choudhury told reporters here today that on November 25 fellow student, Mahasin Sadik Al Aman, told the victim that an assistant professor had called her to his office to collect her field work assignment.

The girl after going to the professor's office found it locked and while returning was allegedly sexually harassed by Mahasin. The girl while trying to save herself also sustained injuries, he said.

After the victim reported the incident to her department head and another professor, the matter was referred to the university's committee against sexual harassment, the lawyer said.

The All Cachar Karimganj and Hailakandi Students Association Adviser Anup Choudhury condemned the incident.

Next: Man kills wife following family pressure, suspected infidelity

Man kills wife following family pressure, suspected infidelity

New Delhi: A man along with his brother and maternal uncle allegedly killed his wife following family pressure and suspicion over her character, police said on Saturday.

The trio, identified as Samarjit (20), Arvind (23) and Narender (38) were nabbed from their native village of Sultanpur in Uttar Pradesh for allegedly killing the girl and burying her body in the fields. A case of kidnapping was filed by the father of the deceased at the Pul Prahalad Pur police station on January 6.

"The complainant stated that the accused Samarjit, brought his daughter to Delhi and they had been living together.

"He suspected foul play when he saw the boy alone in his native village and when the family members of the accused refused to give him a satisfactory response on being asked about the whereabouts of his daughter," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East) Gaurav Sharma.

The accused Samarjit with the other two conspired to eliminate the girl, with whom he had eloped and later married. His family was unhappy with their relationship and blamed it for rejection of his sister's marriage proposals.

Also, he suspected that the girl had an illicit relation, police said. The accused have confessed to their crime and the decomposed body of the missing girl was recovered as identified by the complainant, said Sharma. A case of murder, destroying of evidence and criminal conspiracy has been registered against the trio.

Next: 7-yr-old raped by landlord's son in WB

7-yr-old raped by landlord's son in WB

Suri (WB): A seven-year-old girl was raped allegedly by the son of her landlord at Sainthia area of Birbhum district, the police said today. The girl's family was living as a tenant in the Suryasen Palli house of the accused's father.

On Friday night, when the father of the girl was not at home, he allegedly called the her to a room and raped the minor, the sources said.

The girl was admitted to Suri hospital. Birbhum Superintendent of Police, C Sudhakar, said "A complaint of rape has been lodged. We have started investigation. The accused is absconding."
A protest rally was held at Sainthia today.

Next: Couple held for swindling Rs 2.6 crore

Couple held for swindling Rs 2.6 crore

Chennai: Sleuths from the city crime branch arrested a man and his wife for allegedly swindling Rs 2.62 crore from a company where the woman was employed.

The arrested were identified as Manivannan and his wife Jayakanthi of Madam­pakkam. “The woman was holding the signing authority of a Korean firm she was employed and she misused it. With the help of her husband she swindled the money,” the police said.

Next: Police arrest man who robbed hundi of temple

Police arrest man who robbed hundi of temple

Kochi: The Kalamassery police on Friday arrested a man suspected to have robbed a hundi of the Khandakarna temple near the railway overbridge at South Kalamassery. It was also reported that he had robbed a mobile store at Kalamassery.

The arrested was identified as Ajinkumar, son of Arunraj of Marthandam in Kanyakumari.

According to the police, Ajinkumar was held from under the railway overbridge on Friday at around 12 noon as he was preparing to sell the mobile phones that he had stolen.

The police said the robberies were committed on the night of December 30.

“He robbed the hundi at 2 am and broke into the mobile store at around 3 am. He took around 50 mobile phones from the store.

We recovered the money, mobile phones, headphones and chargers from him,” said M.B.Latheef, Kalamassery sub inspector.

He was produced in the Aluva magistrate court and remanded in judicial custody.

Next: Four held in TN for illegally exchanging Brazilian currency

Four held in TN for illegally exchanging Brazilian currency

Rameswaram (TN): Four persons, including two women members of Self Help Groups, have been arrested at Airwadi in Ramanathapuram district for allegedly illegally exchanging 134 wads of the Brazilian currency, worth Rs two lakh, police said on Saturday.

'Q' branch police, acting on a tip off, nabbed them last night from the residence of a woman engaged in illegal exchange of foreign currency while they were about to give the currency to her, they said.

The woman was among those arrested.

The four were also involved in helping people smuggle ganja and sea cucumber from India to Sri Lanka, police said.

Next: Lankan jailed for smuggling heroin

Lankan jailed for smuggling heroin

Chennai: A special court in Chennai convicted a 49-year-old Sri Lankan on charges of smuggling 3 kg heroin in Chennai airport and awarded him a sentence of 10 years. The special judge of the first additional special court under the NDPS Act, V. Ramamurthy, also slapped on him a fine of Rs1 lakh.

Following a tip-off, the intelligence officer of the Narcotic Bureau Office, south zone unit, found that N. Kukki and M. Muthuvel Devan alias Deva had purchased 3 kg of heroin from Ibrahim of Mumbai.

The duo had planned to send the narcotic through S. Baskaran alias Raja, 49, a Sri Lankan and a courier.

Officials rushed to the airport and alerted the customs officials. After a thorough check, the officials seized 2.825 kg heroin concealed in his baggage on April 13, 2007.

Baskaran was arrested and remanded in Puzhal prison. On interrogating him, the police identified the involvement of three others, Rajan Chelladurai and Yusuf, in transporting heroin from Mumbai.

Hence, a case was registered under the NDPS Act against Muthuvel Devan, Baskaran, Rajan Chelladurai, Kukki, Ibrahim and Yusuf.

However, the case was split as Kukki, Ibrahim and Yusuf remained absconding.

The first additional special court conducted the trial against Muthuvel, Baskaran and Sri Lankan Rajan Chelladurai under the NDPS Act. While acquitting Muthuvel and Rajan Chelladurai, special judge Ramamurthy convicted Baskaran and awarded him 10 years rigorous imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 1 lakh.

( Source : dc/agencies )