What 2014 brings for you

Our expert takes a look at the stars to predict what’s in store for those looking forward to a great year.

ARIES: A mixed bag

Your aggression and temper will give you a hard time this year. Lack of time might become a reason of dispute with your family. Your health will be a major cause of concern. Be cautious and avoid junk food.

Your career will be very demanding, but you won’t be scared by challenges. Great outputs will require greater inputs. This year, many of your long-pending problems will be solved. Also, be prepared to tackle new issues that may pop up during the year, challenging your capacity to adapt to change.
You might go in for some self-absorption. But with all that’s happening, you certainly have the right to be introspective. But others may not see it that way.

Married couples might have a tough time. There might be disputes and disagreements, and one of you may drag the other to court. But in the interests of both, it would be better to seek an out of court settlement.

Get in touch with your family and take good care of yourself.

Taurus: A year for love

You are compassionate, soft hearted and warm. You will receive the love and affection of your elders. However, you will have to be extra cautious about your health.

If unmarried, 2014 might see you taking the plunge. Love will bring a new lease of life this year.

Career and finances look highly promising this year. You will register many achievements that will take your career to another level. However, there are chances that you might be cheated financially. There are high chances that you will succeed in competitive exams.

Businessman are likely to experience a lot of change. If you plan to take a loan for your business, take it before April.

In the initial part of the year, you may face some domestic problems, which could lead you to seek solace in spirituality. If you wish to buy property or a new vehicle, reconsider.

In all, the coming year is going to be highly fruitful for you.

Gemini: Focus on career

This is going to be a positive year for you. You are an intellectual and have a good business sense.

The New Year will bring good results in most areas. In terms of your family you are going to have a very good year. Relationships will improve and there will be an atmosphere of bliss and prosperity in the house. However, your health will trouble you. Quit habits that are bad for health. The year is not good for love but do not lose hope as it is a promising time for your career and will see you progress in your professional life.Avoid making any major investments this year and be a little cautious.
You might have to work long hours and so your daily routine is likely to get disrupted. To increase your stamina start exercising or doing yoga.
On the financial front, you are likely to face hurdles in the first few months of the year, but by the yearend things shall smoothen out. Due to your focus on work, you may alienate your friends.

Cancer: Happy days

The initial half of the year will bring emotional stress and exhaustion for you. But love will bloom, as you may fall in love with that special one all over again. Relationships will convert into marital bonds.

Prosperity and bliss will return. Health will give you reasons to worry but it won’t be anything serious. Your career will also reach new heights. Make the less privileged a part of your success and you and your social status will grow even more.

The first half of the year will not bring too much to celebrate as far as finances are concerned, but the latter half will give you unexpected profits.

On the education front you have a lot of good things coming your way. Though you will have to put that extra bit of effort to get what you want.

On business or professional fronts, your ambitions are likely to grow, making your life hectic.

On the monetary front, your savings will increase because you may not have the time to spend it. Family functions may be in the pipeline. Children may give you anxious moments, though. Do not take vital decisions without proper guidance.

Leo: Good for students

The year 2014 is going to be very rewarding. The first few months will be a little hard as your children might face health issues. However, that can be avoided with proper preventive measures.

Stay calm and prosperity will return to the family soon. You too might face minor health issues but that will not be anything to worry about. Also, love is in the air, so make the most of it. However, married people may have a hard time establishing an understanding.

Your financial status will also improve. Speculative trades will earn money for you even if the market condition is not that good.

For students, 2014 will bring a lot to cheer. This could well be a year of change for you, at least on the personal side. Home life might become a bit restrictive as elders will want you to follow a strict routine. For those wanting to go on a foreign tour, this might be the year for you. A financial windfall is possible, but you could end up spending it all on the foreign tour.

The year is not too favorable for buying a new house, but you may go in for a resold one.

Virgo: Balance your life

Your family life will be very challenging and you might have to address a lot of issues. Be understanding and patient and you will see it through.

Your body will give you a lot of trouble, but nothing that cannot be avoided by taking effective measures.

The love front does not look very promising. Think carefully before making any decision and do not be impulsive.

Being as passionate as you are about your work, you will achieve a lot this year. Take care not to become complacent. For students, this year will see a delay in everything.

For the major part of the year you will need to balance your personal obligations with your professional responsibilities. The balance may tilt towards the professional side but you shall make sure that your family doesn’t miss you.

You may also feel that your hard work is not getting the expected recognition. Set aside a portion of your earnings for emergencies that are likely to occur in the second half of the year. Your income will be satisfactory, but expenses shall mount. Beware of people who take advantage of your sound financial condition.

Libra: Control spending

Though you might have moments of weakness during the year, they will be only temporary. There may be tension in the family but nothing that can’t be handled with a little bit of patience.

There will be health issues but with the right medication and precautions you will be able to handle it all. Beware of people trying to use love to get what they want.

There shall be satisfactory results as you get your tasks done on time. Sleep over things and do not take impulsive decisions in your profession. A good amount of money is coming your way and you will spend a lot of it on gold. However, control the urge to spend too much money. Problems will arise due to personal issues but they can be tackled with a cool head. You may be prone to losing your temper. The year may test your patience, so be very careful with your words and deeds.

It will be a busy year professionally as well as personally. Professionals are likely to make quick career progress. Monetary inflow will be steady, but don’t expect any windfalls. It is time you reviewed your investments and savings.

Scorpio: A slow start

The year will begin on a bright note as your family life will be quite promising. Other than minor hitches, there will be nothing to worry about.
Your career will be slow in the first half of the year but things will look brighter after June. Your financial status will be average; however, the second half of the year will be more rewarding as you might get a share of your family inheritance.
In terms of education you will have to be extra cautious while choosing an institution for your studies. Your friends might also be a reason of your distress here.
There may be some turmoil in your married life. Try not to be so dominating; the onus of changing will be on you, and the sooner you do it the better. You may have some serious disagreements with your spouse in the initial stages of the year, but things shall get better after March.
You will work hard, but the benefits you expect may not come immediately. Also, businessmen may nurture expansion plans, but must avoid unnecessary expenses. There is a danger, however, that you may get embroiled in litigation.

Sagittarius: A year for romance

As far as your family is concerned, you are in for a great year. Your family will be by your side during times of need. Your relationship might hit a rough patch and in some cases it might lead to break ups. However, a calm mind will help you tackle things well. The year ahead is going to be good for romance, but expect some hurdles too. You may not be very frank about your emotions this year.

You will perform exceptionally well professionally and there are good chances for promotions. Financially too the year is going to be good for you. You might have a bit of a rough patch towards the end of the year.

It will be a successful year for students and chances are high of a foreign tour for educational reasons. Be wary of litigation and financial losses. Your self-esteem is likely to increase as you will focus on improving your health and expanding your knowledge base. You shall also realise the importance of money and shall begin to save instead of blowing up your hard-earned money.

Those who are planning for a family may find it difficult to conceive.

Capricorn: Spend wisely

There might be issues with the health of your family members this year though you will be healthy.

Financially, the year will be unstable for you; be focused and spend your money wisely.

Career wise, it will be a challenging time for you. For students too the year will bring nominal results.

Being too preoccupied on the professional front may leave you with little or no time for your personal life this year.

Also, there shall be a sense of disconnect with your family members and frequently you shall find that you are not on the same page as them. However, you may expect some remarkable changes on both fronts, even though you may not be able to balance both.

You shall become very ambitious professionally, and shall be in a tearing rush to climb to the top. Go slow. Also, try to squeeze out some time for your near and dear ones. If you are planning to enter new partnerships, carefully read the fine print.

Aquarius: A great year

Happy times are here to stay as far as your family is concerned. The year promises love and laughter all around. Health wise too, the stars are on your side.

This year has a lot to offer for married people too.

You will reach great heights in your career though you might have to put in some extra efforts. Your income will be good and you will find new ways to make money. You will also gain money from unexpected sources. Good results are expected for students, just keep working hard.

The year, however, is not auspicious for expanding your business. By all means make the plans and draw up the blueprint, but leave the implementation to next year. And if you wish to take loans, getting them shall depend on your reputation, while if you have given money to someone, you may try and recover them this year.

Both your personal and professional lives will need constant attention.

Pisces: Money concerns

Issues related to joint finances, inheritance and health are likely to pose a few tricky challenges this year. Don’t get swayed by emotions while taking decisions, especially during the first half of the year.

Some differences within the family are likely. You may not be able to find ready solutions to these problems, so it would be best for you to take things as they come without trying to have your way each time. In time they shall get resolved on their own.

Finances may also cause some concern, but you'll find a way out.

The year will be good for your career. After a couple of challenging years, new ideas and creativity will be your savior. After making gains at work due to your ideas and network developed over the years, you will get into a very strong and impressive growth phase. There will be growth, hard work and new energy in the second half of the year. But be careful of starting new projects that could waste your time.

( Source : dr c.v.b. subrahmanyam )