Fatal fall for seventeen-year-old student

17-year-old first PU student died after falling from fifth floor.

Bangalore: A 17-year-old first PU student died after he fell from the fifth floor of the college in which he was studying. The police are investigating whether it’s a suicide or an accidental fall.

The incident was reported at Sri Krishna International PU College in ITI Colony in Banashankari third stage in Chennammana Kere Acchukattu police station limits on Thursday evening. The deceased has been identified as Hemanth, a commerce student. He was the son of Jayarama, a mason, and Shantha, who reside in Katirguppe.

According to the police, Hemanth accidentally fell from the fifth floor of the college building around 5.30 pm on Thursday. He sustained fatal head injuries and died on the spot. The college authorities rushed him to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead. They also clarified that it was not a suicide but an accidental fall.

However, police sources said that there were not students around when the incident took place, as it happened in the evening. “It is said that some of his close friends saw him fall and there is information that he jumped from the fifth floor and committed suicide. He was reportedly in love with a girl for he last one year and she had ditched him three days ago. Further, she had also reportedly returned the gifts he had given her. Upset over this, he is said have committed suicide,” a source said.

Meanwhile, Hemanth’s father in his complaint has mentioned that it was an accidental fall. The police are waiting to question his friends to know the exact cause. “Due to his death, the college authorities had declared holiday on Friday. We will question his friends soon,” the police added. An unnatural death case is registered in this connection. Further investigations are on.