Art and heart with nature

The ‘CBSE state Kalolsav’, brings together 7,000 students and 1,300 schools.

Thrissur: Curtains went up on the 19th CBSE State Youth Festival at the Holy Grace Academy in Mala, here, on Thursday. The four-day extravaganza of art, music and dance began with cine actor Mala Aravindan hoisting the flag at the festival venue. The students took an oath to protect the environment and fight against narcotics prior to the inaugural function.

Education minister P. K. Abdu Rabb inaugurated the festival presided over by MLA T. N. Prathapan. The state government has initiated steps to recognize all schools in the state from the next academic year adhering to the norms and regulations of the education department, the minister said adding that the government will give no objection certificates to as many as 400 public schools this year without any bias towards Malayalam or English medium schools, he said.

The ‘CBSE state Kalolsav’, organised by the Kerala CBSE School Management Association, brought together as many as 7,000 students selected from district level festivals held in nearly 1,300 CBSE schools in the state. Competitions in 130 aspects are being held at various venues on the campus of Holy Grace Academy.

The festival is uploaded live on the internet. K. P. Danapalan will preside over the valedictory function on December 15 while film actress Manju Warrier will give away prizes to the winners of the festival at the concluding function.

The festival venue is free from flex and hoardings as the motto of the festival is ‘Art and heart with nature’. Results were announced for 55 items and host Holy Grace Academy is leading with 242 points, followed by Rani Public school with 212 points and IES School with 208 Points.

Next: Technology runs festival this time, says Raju Pereppadan

Technology runs festival this time, says Raju Pereppadan

Thrissur: The ongoing CBSE youth festival at the Holy Grace Academy, Mala, is being hailed for the way the fest is being conducted.

“Right from the registration counter to the announcements of results, things are being run with the help of well equipped modern technology”, said Dr Raju Devis Pereppadan, convener of the festival.

“This is the first time in the history of the CBSE youth festival that a grievance cell has been opened in the school to deal with issues related to appeals as well as complaints”, he said.

Another thing to be noted is the punctuality with which programmes are held. “Many a time the programmes go beyond the extended time limit and hence it creates problems both to participants as well as to the judges", Pereppadan adds.

Results are available on mobile phones. The school is ever ready with first aid and other medical facilities. On the whole, things are conducted in a cordial atmosphere.