Feast for charity drive

Small children from Angels Arc Senior Secondary School organises “Exhibition cum Charity Drive”.
Alappuzha: 'Charity begins at home' is a well known maxim that we teach our kids to make them humane. Keeping this mantra in mind, the little students of Angels Arc Senior Secondary School, Kayamkulam came up with a new initiative recently that has made this proverb meaningful. They conducted a series of “Exhibition cum Charity Drive” on the premises of the school so that they could raise funds for the people who are suffering from grave illnesses.
According to Sobhana Sanjiv, the principal of the school, the main goal of the programme was to make sure of a service oriented future for every student so that it would make a healthy society. “Our motto is “service to man is service to god” and that is being taught ever since students join our school,” she said.
“The students in fact have sensed the true feeling of charity through a series of such charity programmes. We have carried out an array of events including food fest, conducting video games and screening a 3D movie,” she added.
The students seemed to have enjoyed them because they participated actively in all the programmes. It was in fact a pretty good opportunity for the kids from class I-VIII to come up different kinds of foods at the fest. They were overwhelmed by the support of teachers and students as well. Burgers, Bajjies, French fries, Fruit salad, Vada, Ice-creams, Cake, Noodles etc. were the delicious items that were on sale.
It was a thrilling and exciting moment for the students and it also helped them to sharpen their culinary skills.
They were indeed enthusiastic when their science and art creations were showcased before the other students. It instilled curiosity in the minds of the onlookers as well. The 3D movie tickled the minds of everyone who watched. Video games were real fun. For every program, there was an entry fee. The song dedication that was played fetched a nice amount. The fund collected would soon be given away to the sick as charity, the principal said.
“We are proud of being part of such a fantastic programme. Parents had fully supported us when we expressed an interest to take part in the programme. We learnt the importance of charity which is the first way to the humanity”, the students said. The event was inaugurated by Mr. Somanathan Pillai, Vice Principal of MSM College, Kayamkulam.