Anti-Rayala Telangana stir intensifies

TRS cadre stage protests in Tamsi and Bela mandals opposing Rayala Telangana in Adilabad.

Karimnagar/Nizamabad: Large scale protests were witnessed in several towns and mandals against Rayala Telangana proposal on Wednesday.

People from various walks of life, mainly from students and youth, led by TRS, TJAC, TD and BJP came onto the roads and staged rasta rokos, formed human chain and took out rallies.

In Adilabad, TRS cadre staged protests in Tamsi and Bela mandals opposing Rayala Telangana.

Member of Telangana Mazdoor Union (TMU) staged a dharna in front of the Mancherial RTC depot Activists of Telangana Rashtra Vidyarthi Sangham (TRSV) burnt the effigy of the GoM in protest against the Rayala Telangana proposal in Mancherial town.

TRS activists and leaders staged a rasta roko in Kagaznagar town.

In Karimnagar, a massive student rally was held in town. TRS MLA Gangula Kamalakar and former MLC Naradas Laxman Rao were among those who participated in the rally.

Students and people formed a big human chain in Huzurabad town.

Meanwhile, Telugu Desam Peddapalli MLA Vijaya Ramana Rao demanded that Congress led UPA government should carve out separate Telangana comprising 10 district while opposing the Rayala Telangana proposal.

In Nizamabad district, TRS, TD and TJAC leaders staged rasta rokos and rallies at various places in the district.

Students and youth took out protest rallies in Nizamabad, Banswada, Armoor and Kamareddy towns.

TRS MLA T. Harish Rao demanded formation of Telangana state with 10 districts only. He participated in a protest rally of students in Banswada on Wednesday.

In Dichpally, TD leaders and activists staged a rasta roko in protest against Rayala Telangana.

Speaking on the occasion, party state secretary K.Dinesh Kumar said that people of Telangana will teach a fitting lesson to the Congress, if it moves for Rayala Telangana.

He reiterated that TD is stands for 10 districts Telangana, instead of any other options.

Meanwhile, district police is geared up for Telangana bandh to be held on Thursday.

Patrolling of police intensified and kept vigil on agitations of Telangana protagonists. Superintendent of police Tarun Joshi directed the police officers to provide adequate security for government properties especially Central government during the bandh.