Auto rams into car, five students escape unhurt

School students escapes unhurt after an autorickshaw rammed into a parked car.
Bangalore: Five school students esca­ped unhurt, while one sustained minor injuries after an autorickshaw ferrying them to school rammed into a parked car on Rhe­nius Street in Richmond Town on Friday morning. The injured stud­ent Yas­h­ovardhan, 14, stays near Nanjappa Circle. The autorickshaw driver too sustained minor injuries.
The auto (KA-02-B-9675) was carrying stude­nts to a private school when the driver lost control and ram­med into a parked Tata Indica car. The impact toppled the auto.
“Passersby rushed and rescued the trapped students and the driver. Luckily, no one sustained serious inj­uries, except Yashovardhan and the auto driver. It is said that the accident occurred as the auto driver was trying to avoid a stray dog. Both the auto and the car were damaged in the accident. No one has filed a case and the auto driver has compromised with the car owner. Even Yas­h­ova­rdhan’s parents refused to file a complaint,” the police said.
The police are, however, thinking of booking the auto driver for allegedly overcrowding the vehicle.
“The auto was found in Shantinagar, but the driver is missing. The display card in the auto mentions the name of Srinivas­a­m­urthy, a resident of Kam­a­ks­hi­palya. But we are not sure whether he was the one who was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident,” the police said.