Microsoft tutors Seva Mandir students

Cud­dalore Seva Ma­ndir students learning technology from Microsoft employees.
Cuddalore: Students of a school in Cud­dalore district could not have had better tutors in technology.
As many as 31 Microsoft employees from around the country, Den­mark and the United States travelled all the way here recently to spend time with the teachers and students of the Seva Mandir boarding school for girls in Paran­gipettai and introduce them to the basics of computers and programmes like Micr­osoft word and Excel.
Taking its social responsibility seriously, Microsoft, which has partnered with Periamma, an NGO, to take technology to rural areas, has zeroed in on Seva Ma­ndir to carry out its societal mission.
Besides teaching the students, its employees led by directors Scott Pea­rson, Stefano Mezzadri and Hiran Isran, also helped establish a fully connected technology centre complete with 30 laptops and printers with wireless connectivity at the school.
Having installed 2 Xbox Kinect machines, the software giant’s employees spent time showing the children the power of kinect interface as well. “We are delighted to help the students of Seva Mandir re­alise their potential thro­ugh technology. We are committed to this partnership and will ensure that it remains sustainable into the future,” said Pe­a­rson.
Clearly delighted with all the attention being paid to the school by Microsoft, Leela, a trustee of Seva Mandir , said it was helping it introduce computers as part of its educational programme, something it had always considered essential. “I am happy that Mic­rosoft has donated these laptops and is acquainting our children with technology. These machines would be used only for education of our children,” she added.