Kolar medico dies:?WAS it suicide or murder over Telangana?

Kames­hwara succumbs to burn injuries; police suspect suicide, say investigations don’t point to murder.

Bengaluru: While there were several theories behind the incident including the whether chain snatchers set him ablaze, police inve­s­tigating the mysterious death of 22-year-old medical student Sai Prasad Kames­hwara have grown to believe that it could be a case of suicide.

Though police have homed in on Kameshwara's recent treatment for depression, which may have led him to take his own life.

There were several theories behind the incident - Did the chain snatchers set him ablaze?; Was the murder committed by locals who opposed his relationship with a girl from their neighbourhood? Or did he have enemies who grudged his support of Telengana?

The police, who worked on all these angles, have ruled out the Telangana version. They also found he was not in touch with any girls. Also, chain snatchers have never been known to set someone ablaze before.

Having probed these angles, police suspect Kameshwara may have ended his own life. A senior police officer, on condition of anonymity, said Kameshwara was soft-spoken and pious. “He was in a depression.

Though his track record is good, his attendance to class had been irregular over the last six months.

He had also met a psychiatrist twice and was under medication for depression. He downloaded many e-books, most of which were about death. His family had no idea about any of this,” the officer said.

“Moreover, investigations by various teams have not uncovered anything that could lead us to suspect a dispute, romance, or any other cause for murder. We have not given up on the case but, at the same time, do not rule the possibility of suicide,” the officer added.

Meanwhile, police still haven’t determined whether petrol or kerosene was used. “We have sent the evidence to the forensic science laboratory. Also, his mobile phone has been missing since the day of the incident. We are trying to trace it,” the officer said.

However, Kolar SP Ram Niwas Sepat told Deccan Chronicle that he could not jump to conclusions until the investigation is complete.

Next: Catch killers, put them behind bars, demands Kameshwara’s father?

Kameshwara’s father:?Catch killers, put them behind bars

Bengaluru: “We are five siblings. Kameshwara was the only male child in our family. He had told us that he will take care of us. But we have lost him. No one should meet such an end. The worst part is we still don’t know how it happened,” cried Lakshman Sharma, the 54-year-old father of Sai Prasad Kameshwara, the medical student who succumbed to burn injuries at St. John’s Hospital here on Tuesday.

Sharma, an advocate, said that Kameshwara was a bright student and scored good marks through out. “More than me, it’s my siblings who are finding it hard to come to terms with his death. He was the only male child in our family. He had promised that he would take care of my brother’s two young daughters. We looked up to him for everything. Its hard to believe that he has left us,” he rued.
When asked whether he had doubts on anyone behind the death of his son, Sharma alleged that his son’s enemies had murdered him. However, he also said that his son had never discussed with him or other family members about any rivalry he had. “I demand the police to arrest the culprits soon and put them behind bars. Such incident should never repeat. Students from other state studying in Karnataka are now scared after this incident. The state government should intervene and speed up the probe,” he urged.

Further, he and his wife Jyothi Lakshmi extended their gratitude towards those who had supported him financially and stood by them during the hard time.

Nearly 100 students from Devaraj Urs Medical College had come near the St. John’s Hospital mortuary, to pay their last respects. Kamesh­wara’s body was taken to Andhra Pradesh after a post mortem on Tuesday evening.