If you’re looking to improve your TV viewing experience this Diwali, remember to make sure it is Netflix ready. What does that mean? For years now, Netflix has not just been bringing incredible films and shows to you. It has been working with television manufacturers around the world to make sure that those shows and movies look and sound amazing, so that you can have the most immersive experience But you don’t have to break the bank to get a great Netflix experience. Because a great viewing experience for online entertainment is available across budgets and device types. Question is: How are you upgrading this year?
- Starting out with a new Smart TV? Look for a Netflix ready device that optimises the viewing experience on TV. These television models are verified by Netflix to give you an amazing home viewing experience. How do you tell? Look for the Netflix button on the remote. These TVs are available across a range of brands including the newly launched range of Vu, Onida, Sansui, and Xiaomi TVs. The button gives you instant access to the Netflix app, taking you straight to your favorite stories.
- Upgrading your set top box? Who said online entertainment needs elaborate setup and investing in brand new equipment? Think of the device that’s in nearly all our homes: the set top box. Now, Netflix has partnered with leading set top box providers, including Airtel, ACT Fibernet and Hathway, to make accessing Netflix super easy for you. So just like on Netflix ready TV remotes, the Netflix button on is on the set top box remote as well. So hit the button to find out “25 din mein kya hone waala hai” (Sacred Games).
- Want cinema-quality sound at home? Earlier this year, Netflix launched rich, high-quality sound for every show or film. What this means is that means, no matter what TV you have, if you add a 5.1 or higher set of speakers, you get immersive sound. WIth the Netflix sound experience feel so real, you can now feel the demogorgon from Stranger Things right next to you, or experience the growl of Sher Khan in Mowgli come from behind you. But if you’re an audiophile looking to get the best sound possible, look for a TV that supports Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos is a surround sound format that goes beyond the usual 5.1 channels of Dolby Digital for better and more enhanced entertainment experience. And many Netflix Originals and Films are now available in Dolby Atmos. Grab your popcorn tub and sit back with titles including Stranger Things, Our Planet, Lost in Space, Dark, Altered Carbon, Triple Frontier, Dark Crystal, Outlaw King, ROMA, and Mowgli.
- Picture Perfectionist? If you’re leaning towards a 4K or an HDR TV, go right ahead. There is nothing that brings alive entertainment on a TV screen than those heart-racing, jaw-clenching, action-packed moments. Netflix has over 1,000 hours of HDR (high dynamic range videos capture a super wide range of light) and more than 2,000 hours of 4K content (4X more pixels than Full HD). In addition, try the Netflix Calibrated Mode TVs that bring the creator’s vision to life at the highest production quality. They are called “Calibrated” because these TVs from Sony and Panasonic replicate the exact colours of a studio monitor. So you see the images exactly how the creators intended them to be seen.
- Settle for nothing but the best? Each year, Netflix puts out its recommendations for the smart TVs that provide the best performance and are the easiest to use—Netflix Recommended TVs. And every year they up the ante for what it takes to make the list. In 2019, select models from Samsung, Sony, and Panasonic made the list and provide the ultimate Netflix experience. This year, Netflix added Always Fresh as a feature. Which means your TV refreshes in the background and remembers what you last watched. Think the way your smartphone works, but now for TVs, making them truly smarter. When you see the ‘Netflix Recommended TV’ logo, it means the TV has passed rigorous testing to ensure great performance and easy access to Netflix.
- Looking to make your existing TV smart? Love your existing TV, and don’t want to trade it for a Smart TV just yet? It’s definitely worth choosing from an Amazon Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Airtel Xtreme stick or the Hathway streaming stick. Just plug and play any of these devices and enjoy the Netflix app that takes you straight to your favourite stories and characters, on a big screen. The integration of voice search command makes searching on Netflix even quicker. Just say, “Alexa, find Sacred Games on Netflix” and see the magic happen.