Here's why Australia's Adam Zampa went berserk post MS Dhoni's wicket in Guwahati T20

The youngster was esctatic after claiming the wicket of the former Team India skipper.

Guwahati: Despite pacer Jason Behrendorff hogging all the limelight in the 2nd T20I against India in Guwahati on Tuesday, guiding Australia to an eight-wicket win, young spinner Adam Zampa also had a role to play for the visitors.

Zampa, in his quota of 4 overs, gave away only 19 runs and got rid of two big fishes in the form of MS Dhoni and Kedar Jadhav, as the Men in Blue crumbled to a paltry total of 118.

Zampa, who is one of the most calm personalities in the Australian team, was pumped up and celebrating wildly while claiming both his wickets. Speaking to Cricket Australia, the youngster revealed how some casual feedback from teammate Tim Paine spiked him up.

"Watching from afar in Australia, Paine said that I didn't look like my usual self and how I usually am in the Big Bash. He said that competitive side of me wasn't there. I don't like hearing that about myself so I was pretty fired up about that," Zampa said.

The bowler will be aiming to replicate the same magic with the ball, when David Warner’s men face the host in the series-decider in Hyderabad on Friday.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story