Here's what David Warner hopes as Australia face Virat Kohli's India in Hyderabad T20

The win in the 2nd Twenty20 in Guwahati helped Australia to level the 3-match Twenty20 series against India.

Guwahati: David Warner, who is captaining the Australian side in the absence of Steve Smith, was pleased as punch as his team defeated India by eight wickets here on Tuesday.

The win in the second Twenty20 helped Australia to level the three-match Twenty20 series.

Read: Virat Kohli admits batting failure as Australia level T20 series

Warner, who registered his sixth win as Australian captain in seven matches, was glad with the execution of team plans.

Warner was also wholesome in his praise for Jason Behrendorff, who broke India’s back with four-wicket haul.

Watch: You Can't See Me? Jason Behrendorff speaks about comparison with WWE star John Cena

"As I said, you have to bowl well and start well. Jason has got the height and bounce, he comes from Perth and has the right attitude, which is key," said Warner.

The Australian opener lauded leg-spinner Adam Zampa and Moises Henriques, who scored an unbeaten half-century after being promoted to number three – a position where Warner has used him while playing at the Indian Premier League side Sunrisers Hyderabad.

"Adam Zampa was fantastic as well. Sending Moises Henriques early was something I spoke about. He's been effective with Sunrisers as well, and he came and showed his experience,” said Warner.

Warner compared the pitch at the ACA-Barsapara Cricket Stadium to an English wicket.

"In the beginning, the pitch was softish, quite like an English wicket. But if you got through the new ball, you could score,” said Warner.

With the series set for an enthralling finale in Hyderabad on Friday, Warner hoped that Australia will find support on his IPL homeground.

“Hopefully the crowd gets behind us in Hyderabad," concluded Warner.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story