One of life's biggest mysteries for us humans is, what happens when we die?
On Reddit, people who have been pronounced clinically dead for a period of time describe and share their encounters in the after life.
Their stories varied from feeling a sense of peace to meeting family members. However, one person's case is a little more shocking and alarming.
Here is what some Reddit users claim to have happened:
1. One individual described encountering a man in long white robes in a place full of peace and love he didn't want to leave.
2. After his experience Reddit user juninkun doesn't have to wonder anymore if hell is real. He not only believes he went there but also said he saw the devil when he was clinically dead after an overdose, the Daily Mail reported. He also described the devil as a "giant fire ant walking on lava".
3. Oleboogerhays felt peaceful after dying for a while due to a car accident. When she woke up she was upset by all the screaming that disturbed her from "the first quality sleep" she had since the crash. "There's nothing but peace and comfort on the other side," she stated in her post.
4. Mysteriousbaker experienced a feeling of emptiness and then joined a 'universal consciousness'.
5. Another person revealed their uncle's experience in the afterlife. He found himself sitting at a picnic table in a park near his childhood home, the only place he has ever been truly happy with someone he knew and loved but could not see who it was.
6. A 60 something woman visited a beautiful and peaceful place as a child. She no longer fears death after the experience.
7. One man said his brother who was clinically dead saw black gates and also heard a voice telling him that it wasn't his time to die yet.