A new survey in the UK discovered the many reason people don't relax. Here's what made the list, according to the Daily Mail.
1. Constantly worries
2. Unable to switch off
3. No time
5. Switching off increases anxiety
7. Burden of people relying on me
10. Don't know how to relax
Making the time to relax is crucial reveals Dr Megan Arroll, a chartered psychologist. "Relaxing, winding down and unplugging from our busy lives is important as it gives our bodies and minds a chance to recalibrate," she is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.
So if you have forgotten how to take it easy or find what you're trying isn't working, here are some easy tips to get you in a relaxed mood in no time.
A Daily Mail report revealed the tips recommended by Dr Megan Arroll and Dr Jen Nash.
1. Breathe: Breathing deeply, like a baby, can be a powerful tool to help you relax. It helps kick start the parasympathetic nervous system, which helps reduce stress. Repeat this breathing exercise at least five times a day. You can do it during a walk, or before a meal or bedtime.
2. Move your fingers: Focusing on a simple task can help rest the mind. Activities like knitting can also help put you in a sort of meditative state.
3. From top to bottom, analyse your body: In a comfortable position, notice the sensations of the weight touching the furniture or floor. As you continue this ritual, take a few breaths before you end the session.
4. Visualize you're already in a relaxed state: Visualization has the ability to take you to a state of calm.
5. Make a list: Writing down what you are worried about will help you feel better. Imagine every point you've noted floating away from your mind.
6. Cannabis oil can help put you at ease: The survey conducted in the UK found 3% of people use cannabis oil supplements to relax....