Mahatma Gandhi University helps out off campus students

The special syndicate meeting of the university to be held on November 13 is likely to approve the proposal
Thiruvananthapuram: MG University will seek the help of the services of the postal department, SBT, C-Dit and other agencies to help students affected by the closure of off-campus centres to complete their courses.
The special syndicate meeting of the university to be held on November 13 is likely to approve the proposal. After the closing down of the centre, the university had decided to directly send study materials to the students and conduct examinations for them.
The co-coordinators of the off-campus centres approved by the varsity have been asked to arrange classes for these students. They can even organise classes in centres outside the university’s jurisdiction. This is to help the students in such centres, who otherwise have to travel to places within the territorial jurisdiction of the university to attend classes.
The Mahatma Gandhi university had closed down all its off-campus centres in June 21,2015 following an order issued by Governor P. Sathasivam, who is also chancellor of the university. There were133 off-campus centres under the MG university.
The chancellor had intervened as the off-campus centres functioned even after a directive issued by the High Court dated February 2, 2015 to close them for various violations. The UGC in June 2014 had also asked the varsity to shut down its international and national off-campus centres.