50 Madras University students get offers in job fair

Of the 650, 120 candidates got shortlisted for next round of process and 52 candidates received job offers

Chennai: Over 50 students from University of Madras and its affiliated colleges received job offers from various companies during the job fair conducted by the University on Saturday.

Providing details about the job fair, Prof. M. Sakthivel, director of the University Students Advisory Bureau (USAB) at the University of Madras said that about 650 arts and science students (2014-15 passed out) registered for placement and 20 companies, including HCL, Infosys and HTC global services took part in Saturday's job fair.

Of the 650, 120 candidates got shortlisted for next round of process and 52 candidates received job offers. Salary package ranges from Rs 8,000- Rs 20,000 and students were offered work in various job profiles such as customer service executive, technical support executive and medical coding executive.

"These students will work in BPO, KPO, health care and financial sectors. We have been conducting these job fairs on a regular basis to help students find a suitable job," Prof. Sakthivel said.

P.R. Madhan, director (business development), techruit, which jointly organ ised the job fair with the university pointed out that there were plenty of job opportunities for arts and science students as companies want to recruit students from this stream too.