Command over Telangana history key: Kodandaram

He advised them to go through the books and online sources

Nizamabad: Senior academic and Telangana political JAC chairperson Prof. M. Kodandaram on Wednesday exhorted the aspirants of the Telangana Public Service Commission group services to have a clear understanding about different aspects related to Telangana.

Prof. Kodandaram, who is also the TSPSC syllabus committee member, stated that the new syllabus was prepared with a view to test the aspirants’ understanding about Telangana history, economy, geography, culture and the separate Telangana movement.

He was addressing the awareness meeting on TSPSC syllabus at the Telangana University campus, here. He explained that candidates should go for in-depth study and greater understanding about Telangana. “We need to have people in Group-1 or Group-II and other services with better understanding about Telangana state and then only can we expect committed service from them,” he added.

He assured the aspirants that there was lot of material available on Telangana in the form of books and on the Internet and advised them to go through the books and online sources. “The various phases of the separate state movement, the cultural aspects like festivals and traditions of the Telangana are all important,” said Prof. Kodandaram

Participating as the chief guest, TU vice-chancellor C. Partha Sarathi said that it was very important for the aspirants to have a specific goal and work hard to realise that goal. “Let go of your lethargy, inertia and start working hard to make your dreams come true,” he told students.

Emphasising the importance of self-discipline, focused attention and systematic preparation to crack the group’s examinations, Partha Sarathi narrated a couple of anecdotes to inspire the students.

Registrar Prof. R. Limbadri, who presided over the function, stated that those who do not know the history of Telangana cannot build Telangana and that is the reason that the Telangana was given importance in the syllabus.

Sociology Professor C. Ganesh exhorted the students not to get confused by the syllabus and all they need to know is a clear idea about the various sections in the syllabus and prepare in a confident manner. Prof. Ganesh interacted with the students and clarified their doubts on various aspects of the examinations and evaluation process.

Faculty members Dr. G. Bala Srinivasa Murthy, Dr. K Aparna, and Dr. Laxmana Chakravarthy and PRO Dr K.Rajaram coordinated theawareness meeting organised jointly by the Competitive Examinations Coaching Centre, Equal Opportunities Cell, and the Career Guidance and Placement Cell.