14-year-old boy dies after clash with classmate in Hyderabad

A case under Section 304 II of the IPC has been registered

Hyderabad: A 14-year-old boy, who was studying in a private school at King Koti Road, died on Wednesday after he allegedly sustained head injuries following a clash with a fellow student, police said.

Amir Siddiqui, a tenth grade student, and his classmate clashed yesterday afternoon over some issue in the school premises and both of them beat each other. During their fight, Amir collapsed on the ground, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central Zone) V B Kamalasan Reddy said.

"Amir was shifted to a private hospital where a brain surgery was performed on him. It seems that he did not recover and doctors declared him dead on Wednesday," the DCP said.

Police said they had analysed the CCTV footage (installed on the school premises) and found that only two students had clashed on the open ground. "We are verifying on that basis (CCTV footage) and further investigations are on," Narayanguda Police Station Inspector, S Bhim Reddy said.

A case under Section 304 II (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered, the Inspector said.

However, he did not reply to a query if the student who hit Amir was picked up.

The family members of Amir said, "It was a quarrel between two children. Our family is in shock, we are collecting more details on the incident." Further probe is on.

( Source : PTI )