TTD chief Chadalawada Krishnamurthy takes part in Managudi

Every student should know greatness of Hinduism

Tirupati: TTD Board chairman Chadalawada Krishnamurthy on Saturday called upon the girl students of Sri Padmavathi Degree and PG college in Tirupati to know about the greatness Hindu Sanatana Dharma and lead the nation to preserve the rich cultural legacy of the nation in future.

Mr Krishnamurthy took part in the seventh phase of Managudi programme in the college and distributed the Govinda Raksha Kankanams to the students.

Speaking on the occasion, he said, Managudi is a unique programme aimed at creating awareness among the masses especially the present day youth about the great Hindu religion, culture, importance of temple and our Vedic scripts.

"Today India is leading the entire world spiritually and tomorrow the students should take up this noble responsibility by acquiring knowledge on our rich heritage and culture and sustain the legacy," he added.

Meanwhile, TTD EO, Dr D. Sambasiva Rao, said on Saturday that the temple management will take over the ancient Sri Kodandaramaswamy temple located at Chandragiri.

TTD administrative officer, who took part in Managudi programme in Chandragiri said, this temple has a history of over 500 years and was constructed by the rulers of Vijayanagar Dynasty.

One of the prime concepts of Managudi is to bring back past glory to the ancient temples which are in dilapidated condition, he maintained. TTD board member G. Bhanuprakash Reddy and others also present.

Similarly, Tirupati JEO P. Bhaskar who took part in the Managudi progra-mme at Sri Mukheshwa-ra Swamy temple in Vedhudu village at Srikalahasti on Saturday said, the TTD is contemplating to perform Managudi four times a year instead of the existing practice of twice a year.

He said the TTD, in association with Endowments Departm-ent, is observing this ceremonious mass festival across 54,000-odd temples in both the Telugu states.