Freshers get pep talk from Cyberabad police commissioner C V Anand

Students expressed their dissatisfaction at about cops swarming the university campus during the event
Hyderabad: Freshers at the University of Hyderabad got an unexpected counselling session from Cyberabad police commissioner C.V. Anand, who was the chief guest for the freshers’ meet at the university on Tuesday.
Mr Anand referred to recent clashes between two students groups, in which police intervention was sought by one of the groups, and told students to focus on their studies.
A student leader present at the event, said the police chief warned the students not to overreact and get into unnecessary arguments on the social media. Mr Anand said the police was keeping an eye.
One of the students at the event, said, “He said that if there are issues and the police is forced to make arrests it will not hesitate to do so. He referred to the banners of student organisations tied at the entrance of the university and expressed his fear that the UoH might turn into Osmania University.”
Students expressed their dissatisfaction at about cops swarming the university campus during the event. A student said, “We understand that the commissioner of police was the chief guest, but why did so many cops visit the campus? Does the university wants us to desist from political activism due to fear of the police? We never halt academic proceedings.”
When asked about this, a senior university official said, “This is not the first time a police officer was invited for a freshers meet. Earlier D. Tirumala Rao was also invited.”