Protesters against Pondicherry Central University cane-charged

The agitators claimed that their protest was “highly successful
Chennai: Pondicherry Central University came to a standstill on Monday after over 1,000 students and teaching and non teaching staff went on a massive protest on Monday, demanding the resignation of the vice-chancellor, Chandra Krishnamurthy.
Students stood near the gates of the university and refused to let employees enter.
The protest started around 7.30 am. Several policemen had been posted at the gates. When things got tense, police resorted to a lathi charge in which a boy and a girl were injured.
Students and faculty claimed they were threatened with FIRs and arrests, but they would not be cowed down.
The agitators claimed that their protest was “highly successful.” The MLA of Kalapet, Kalyana Sundaram, who addressed the students promised his support to them. The administration had accused the faculty of instigating the students, but the students denied this.
The students said that they would continue their agitation. The university students and teachers have been organising protests over the last one year to oust their VC after finding out that she allegedly ‘faked and plagiarised’ many papers and books mentioned as her’s in her CV.
Neither the VC nor her PRO were available for comment and the Kalapet police, Puducherry, had filed an FIR against the students for disrupting peace.