TRS MLA and Tollywood comedian Babu Mohan accused of bribing contractor

A contractor was paying Rs 50,000 per month to the MLA
Hyderabad: TRS MLA and Tollywood comedian Babu Mohan is mired in a fresh controversy. A contractor who secured mass contract in a JNTU-H constituent engineering college in Sultanpur in Medak district alleged that he was paying Rs 50,000 per month to the MLA, in lieu of favours done for bagging the contract.
Students who were protesting on the campus against the poor quality of food being served by the contractor even after paying Rs 2,400 as mess charges per month, were shocked after the contractor told them that no one could do anything to him on this issue since he was bribing the MLA.
However, Mr Babu Mohan, the Andhole, Medak district, MLA, convened a press conference in the evening to deny the allegations and asked the officials to initiate action against the contractor.
“I have nothing to do with this contract or the contractor. In fact, I came to know about this incident only through the media. I immediately spoke to the college principal and asked him to terminate the contract if the contractor was not complying with the prescribed norms. I will initiate legal action against the contractor for making false allegations against me.”
Engineering students have been protesting on the campus for the last three days against cheap quality food being served to them. They demanded the termination of mess contract of the present contractor. Students confronted the contractor and his workers when he came to the campus. Students had a heated argument with the contractor over the issue.