Porn-watching class 7 girls suspended

Parents and political parties have expressed deep shock after the news broke out
COIMBATORE: Parents and political parties have expressed deep shock after the news broke out that Class 7 girl students in Kovai were caught watching porno clips during class hours in school. The incident happened last week on Friday in a CBSE school located in Sai Baba colony.
The incident took place when the teacher was taking class and the students sitting on the last bench were hiding their mobile phones in their books and watching obscene video clips. When the teacher noticed some disturbance coming from the last bench, she asked the students to come out of their seats. The girls came out with their mobile phones.
When the teacher checked their phones, she found the porn clips. Immediately after the teacher found out, the girls were taken to the principal and their parents were also called. They were suspended at once for a week. The students have also apologised and submitted a written apology letter saying they would not repeat the same in future.
Parents are upset with the incident and they regret giving mobile phones to their school going children. Ishaa, a housewife, regrets giving a mobile phone to her ninth grade daughter.
“I am having lot of clashes with my daughter every time only due to this distracting device. I am not able to control her and she is always with her phone chatting or doing something or the other. The Internet has made things more difficult in a way. I strongly feel children should only be given mobile phones after plus two. In schools, they should use the phone of their parents to make calls. Things were better when there were no mobile phones.”
The issue has taken a political shape. R. R. Mohan Kumar, district secretary of MDMK while talking to Deccan Chronicle said, “This is a shocking and agonising incident and I do not understand where Tamil Nadu is heading? The morals and values have taken the back seat. Incidents like students watching pornography and consuming alcohol have become regular issues to talk about.”
He further added saying that Tamil Nadu government has already given guidelines which say that students should not bring mobile phones and two-wheelers to schools. But, how many schools are strictly following the guidelines? Parents are responsible but they are not stern enough to say ‘no’ to their children. I believe in college also students should use buses; this will reduce the number of accidents involving youth taking place in the city.