International school for underprivileged

Krishnapatnam port ready to open state-of-the-art school
Nellore: Krishnapatnam Port Company Limited is all set to launch an international school exclusively for bright students among the poor and downtrodden, in and around Krishnapatnam port, and the upcoming Krishnapatnam thermal power project.
The five floor elegant school and hostel buildings in the midst of green fields, near a remote village - Thoorpukanupur in Chillakur mandal of SPSR Nellore district - is meant for offering free education, food and accommodation to talented among the underprivileged.
Hyderabad-based Sancta Maria International School would manage the school, which is all set to commence classes from this academic year.
As many as 20 qualified teachers were hired two years ago and they are undergoing training at Sancta Maria. Christened as Navaneeta Public School, the school will have Class IV to VII under state syllabus to begin with and other higher classes will be added gradually before switching over to CBSE syllabus.
According to KPCL public relations officer G. Venugopal, the school is on par with any international school in metro cities.
Besides ultra-modern classrooms, the school is equipped with bio-science lab, physical science lab, examination hall, conference hall, music hall with instruments and staff room apart from separate restroom for girls and boys in every floor. The computer lab of the school is equipped with 40 systems.
BSNL has provided four high speed broadband lines and there are CC cameras and fire fighting equipment installed in every floor besides a fire exit. Top management can monitor the activity in the school through their cell phones.
Management would provide textbooks, notebooks, uniform, sportswear as well as formal wear in the hostel free of cost to the students. The hostel is equipped with modern kitchen, medical room and separate dormitories for boys and girls.
Besides, the campus has a volleyball court, tennis court and playgrounds for football and cricket in and around the school. The school has selected 200 students for admission this year through an entrance test. Mr Venugopal said that the intake will be increased next year and they have facilities to cater to more than 400 students.