London School of Commerce ties up with Tiruchy institute

Enrolment of over 7,000 students from over 130 countries

Tiruchy: The London School of Commerce (LSC) plans to jointly offer a post graduate programme leading to a British MBA degree with St. Joseph's Institute of Management (JIM) Tiruchy, and a post-graduate (M.Sc) mobile applications at Bishop Heber college (autonomous) Tiruchy, for the first time in India.

CEO of LSC in India, Robert Donison told media persons at Tiruchy on Saturday that in LSC, there were about 15,000 students from over 130 countries and they had now come to India to offer two research based and globally accepted two year post-graduate programmes in collaboration with JIM and Bishop Heber College (BHC) Tiruchy.

Donison, who is also Director of the Indian School of Business and Computing (ISBC) Bengaluru, pointed out that LSC is one of the largest MBA providers in Europe and has affordable fees payable in easy installments, access to over 70,000 online materials.

LSC London is also registered with the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS) on its register of education and training providers. The register is a list of education and training providers in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

To a question he said that the LSC group operates its learning centres around the world in Serbia, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Sri Lanka, with additional centres in India and Vietnam.

In total, the colleges have a current enrolment of over 7,000 students from over 130 countries studying for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Business, Management and Information Technology, he added. He said that the LSC also has its campuses in London, Belgrade, Colombo, Dhaka, Kuala Lumpur and Bengaluru.

Responding to another query, he said that the LSC is fully accredited by the Accreditation Service For International Colleges (ASIC) and is also a member of Education UK – British Council. He said that their main ambition is to produce highly employable graduates through the provision of managerial skills and education that is affordable and accessible.

Rev. Fr. Joseph Xavier, Director, JIM said that the programme is cost effective and the MBA degree awarded is the same as the one awarded to students studying in the LSC campus at U.K. Dr Paul Dayabaran, Principal, BHC, Tiruchy, said that choosing the right programme and the best place to study is a challenge and with this partnership, they offer the best of both at an affordable fee structure.