JNTU-Anantapur to mend rules for competition

JNTU-A would offer full time research courses to foreign students

Anantapur: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur, would make changes in academic side, according to present competitive spirit. In R-15 regulations, semester system, choice based credits, massive open online course (MOOC), gap year concept, grading system for award of degree, minor degree, online examination and entrepreneurship courses will also be introduced from the present academic year, according to vice-chancellor Prof. K. Lal Kishore.

In view of board of studies meeting to be held for two days on June 20 and 21 over modifications in the systems, the JNTUA authorities organised a meeting at conference hall here on Thursday. The vice-chancellor said meeting was discussed on changes in R-13 and R-15 regulations of varsity.

“We are planning to introduce changes in the regulations according to present situation,” said Mr Lal Kishore. Choice based credit system for (CBCS) in third year to avail one subject in second semester and electives would be introduced in second semester for final year B. Tech. courses in the varsity.

Meanwhile, the JNTU-A would offer full time research courses to foreign students to study in the varsity from the present academic year, the authorities said and added already about 6 foreign students got admission degree courses in the JNTU college of engineering in Anantapur.

As already there has been MoU with Chicago university over dual degree courses, the senate committee meeting had discussed about the fee structure, books and other connecting issues for the students who join for M. Tech. courses in the system. Rector H. Sudarshan Rao, registrar S. Krishnaiah and principal K. Prahlad Rao and other directors participated in the meetings.