Kozhikode tops in SSLC revised results

Schools in entire Malappuram show marked improvement

KOZHIKODE: When the updated results of the SSLC examination 2015 was finally announced on websites on Sunday, Malabar region once again put up a good score by attaining the maximum pass percentage.

Among the five districts in Malabar, Kozhikode again came out with flying colours scoring 99.38 per cent pass rate and was declared the highest scoring district in the state along with Kottayam.

Kozhikode is followed by Kannur district in the region with a score of 99.32 pass percentage, thereby becoming the fifth in the state. Last year, when the SSLC results were published, Kozhikode could only manage to score 97.14 per cent, but with the efforts put in by the school management and students, the district attained the top score and also had 1,948 students securing full A plus.

Kasargod, Wayanad and Malappuram districts also have put up a good show by securing a pass percentage of 98.43 and 98.11, respectively. Education Minister Abdu Rabb’s native district, which came in the 11th position when the results were announced earlier, is now in the10th position.

Of the 48,007 students who appeared for the examination from Kozhikode district, 48.573 per cent were found to be eligible for higher secondary education.

“It is indeed a matter of shame that our Education Department could not tackle one of the important responsibilities that rested on the government on the SSLC result publication,” said Prenath P. P., father of an SSLC student here. But the commendable job put in by the school authorities and teachers to achieve a good pass percentage for the district was praiseworthy, he added.

According to Kerala State Teachers Association executive member Jayakrishnan S., it was perfect planning in terms of syllabus completion and also training the students for revision that helped in attaining a good pass percentage here.

“It also should be noted that the entire Malabar has shown good signs of improvement and Wayanad attained a pass percentage of 97.44 from last year’s 93.44,” he added.