Notice against 12 for Hug of Love

The programme has attracted unwanted media attention

Kozhikode: Twelve student organisers of the ‘Hug of Love’ protest held at the Government Law College, Kozhikode against the attack on “Kiss in the Street” activists have been issued show cause notices by the principal for using the campus without permission and “bringing shame to the institute.”

Students of the college had organised “Hug of Love” on Wednesday to get back at the self-styled moral policemen, who attacked activists of the ‘Kiss in the Street’campaign in the city on Sunday.

The notice issued to them on Thursday says they had conducted an indisciplined programme by misusing the college grounds and disrupted a seminar with some important participants.

“The programme has attracted unwanted media attention. The sequences were telecast throughout the world creating a negative image and tarnishing the reputation of the institution,” the notice added, giving the students seven days to explain why disciplinary action should not be taken against them.

Unfazed , the students have decided to take the legal route to deal with the notice. “We will give a fitting legal reply to the principal who has taken action against the ‘Hug of Love’ supporters but spared members of the Sulaiman Sena ,” said Ajeesh Mohan, a fourth year student.